Free PC game and free weekend notification thread

Origin and uplay both use an API for internal functions within their clients, similar to steamworks, for things like friends lists, multiplayer parties, matchmaking, voice chat, achievements, etc. The games need the API through the game client (uplay, origin, steam) to use those functions. So when a game has to launch the launcher to play like that, it’s because it’s using those APIs. It’s not really a scam or anything, it makes sense.

Both origin and uplay have light/unobtrusive modes for their clients to run in in this scenario. If you launch a uplay or origin game it fires up the client in the background, silently, launches the game, and then closes the client after you’re done. It’s really not a big deal.

Ultimate Epic Battle Simulator is free on Steam for those who like their simulated battles to be both ultimate and epic.

Garfield Kart is free on IndieGala

Assassins Creed Chronicles: China is free from Ubisoft to celebrate Lunar New Year.

Kind of going backwards on this one:

Mutant Ops is a F2P game on Steam that will cost money starting next week. The dev says that anyone with the current F2P version will be grandfathered into the paid version so grab it now.

Rage 2 is free on Epic this week.

Epic now has Sunless Sea free.

Metro 2033 free on steam. Surviving Mars on epic store.

Ubisoft is having a free trial for Watch Dogs: Legion this weekend.

Red Wings is free to nab on Steam until tomorrow (March 26)

@Jophiel: Thanks! I’ll have to try that and see how it compares to those Red Baron games from Dynamix.

Comic book game thing XIII is free on GOG.

thanks, and i discovered huniepop has a second game out thats apparently even more tasteless than the first …

Steel Rats is free until April 4th

Utopos is free on Steam until around noon (CST) tomorrow

Alien Isolation and Hand of Fate 2 free on Epic Games Store.

I’m especially curious about Hand of Fate 2. I’ve never played it or its original. A card game AND a rpg??

Sounds like an interesting mix of genres, too bad I hate card games. I usually look games up on Steam, they have videos, screenshots, reviews, and discussions: Hand of Fate 2 on Steam

Alien Isolation is a fantastic game. One of the best horror games in many years.

I highly recommend playing in a dark room with your headphones on.

The original Quiplash is free to keep on Steam through the weekend.