Free PC game and free weekend notification thread

I just came to post this, you beat me to it. :slight_smile:

It is indeed a good deal. I grabbed a copy.

I think it’s Overcooked! 2 which is free this week, but can’t find the “free games page” anymore.

Two games. Overcooked 2 and Hell is Other Demons.

Free games are on the Store page. Just scroll down a little.

I actually bookmarked the page, but the website is so dodgy, the page was the main store for a bit around 6pm UK. I went back later and it was back to the free page.

Definitely not the best website, the Epic games store.

Absolute Drift is free on GOG until the 19th.

I was tempted into GOG for the first time because Absolute Drift looks fun

Is it it’s own platform like Epic games and Steam? I kind of assumed it gave codes for steam installs before this.

GOG has a client (Galaxy) but it’s optional. You can download the game as a direct, DRM-free download as well.

Steam allows you to add games to your library as “non-steam” titles for bookkeeping purposes if you want to see it while browsing your game stash.

GOG also enabled the linking of Steam accounts not that long ago.

Arma: Cold War Assault is free on Steam and GOG.

You can link Epic and Amazon games in, too, although you have to log into the Amazon game thing first.

Yeah, I love GOG Galaxy’s library interface; when I’m trying to find something to play next that’s where I look; it has all of my steam, gog, epic, origin… Even my Xbox games (though I finally disconnected that; I haven’t touched an Xbox for five years or more now).

Same. It has basically everything in one place.

Since I’m new here, and the Steam sale seems to be starting about 6pm UK today, the Epic new game tends to announce around the same time, does it normally do anything different with the game to divert from the steam sale?

Well, horizon chase turboand sonic mania and up on Epic games and The Spectrum retreat to come.

I’m not sure what you are asking.

Epic gives a free game (or two) every week on Thursday at 10a CST. That free game stays on offer for one week and then another game replaces it. I have seen repeats on occasion though.

Supposedly Epic was only doing the free game thing for a year (which was last year) but they have continued without break till now.

Shadowrun Trilogy is free on GOG. Get your decker onto the Matrix, avoid the Black ICE and download it, chummer.

The Spectrum Retreat is Epic’s free game this week.

Walking dead: Bridge constructor and Ironcast are the two not particularly big Epic giveaways this week.

Obduction (From the creators of myst, one of my least favourite games, but it’s free) and Offworld trading company are the free ones on Epic this week. Though the latter failed to go through.

I thought it was different ones “coming up” in the list last week but can’t remember which ones.

Cyberpunk 2077 was a disappointment, but holy cow, Obduction was also a massive disappointment. I could not stand it.