Fresh asparagus!

Thanks to a few hot days, my asparagus patch is sending up nice thick stalks. I like them raw in salads, or made into soup, also in omelets or just as a side dish.

What else can I do with asparagus?

Toss in Balsalmic or Asian salad dressing, let marinate for about 10 minutes, put in basket or make a little “raft” with bamboo and grill!

I like steaming them and drizzling a little honey over them before serving.

I’ve been meanin to try an asparagus risotto. I saw a recipe for it on tv and found it online, it looks really good.

I like to serve a lemon butter sauce over my asparagus. Its very easy.

Melt a little butter in the microwave. Add lemon juice & zest to taste.

I love asparagus with black bean sauce. I don’t know the exact recipe off the top of my head, but you basically stir fry some rinsed chopped black bean beans, add a metric shit ton of green onions, garlic, and ginger with hot pepper flakes and stir fry. Add this to some parboiled asparagus and rice and you’ve got delicious dinner.

I put a brush butter and lemon on asparagus and then grill it.

Roasted!

Lay them out on a Pam-ed sheet. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and fresh parmesan. Roast them at ~400ish for awhile (at least 45 minutes). The tops get almost charred and they are amaaaaaaazing.

Cook any way you like. Top with a sauce of equal parts melted butter and dijon mustard, plus fresh ground black pepper to taste.