Friendly Advice for Drunky

How you pit someone says as much about you as pitting them does. There’s no “just”.

:rolleyes: Looks like we have another conspiracy theorist here. Maybe it’s catching.

octopus gets grief because he’s a piece of shit, not because he’s on some list. He’s always been a piece of shit, and a cowardly hypocrite who bemoans the pit while wallowing in it more than most anyone. None of this reaction is new.

Ok boomers!

I’d run out of Woke Buzzword Bingo Stamps if I were to break them out again for this thread just on those 3 posts.

Oh, that’s just so cringeworthy.

Don’t try being funny, and especially don’t try using catchphrases you have no idea how to properly apply. It makes you look even more pathetic than the pottymouth shtick did. And I didn’t think that was possible.

But at least TIL “piece of shit” is a Woke Buzzword :rolleyes:

No. Details always matter. Ignoring them leads to bad conclusions.

octopus is a poster who argues that the Pit should not exist, and that everyone who uses it is a horrible person. So, first off, he is a hypocrite for Pitting someone.

He also pitted the guy after he had been suspended. It’s long been held that it’s not fair to pit someone when they can’t reply back. So, despite whining about uncivil the Pit is, he’s now being even more uncivil than most pit posters.

Finally, how Drunky Smurf attacked him is relevant. He called him a troll. The last thing you want to do when being accused of being a troll is to make disingenuous posts like this Pit thread. It even has a disingenuous title and tone.

Most posters don’t particularly like Drunky Smurf or octopus. And Drunky’s response doesn’t seem to fit what octopus actually said. That people wind up on Drunky’s side shows just how awful his pit thread is.

upon preview: He’s even saying “ok boomers”–a lefty taunt. Why would a right winger use it–other than the fact that he knows that some posters admitted that it pissed them off? He is a troll.

Silence! Imbecile.

Yeah. Ditto.

Damn right. Drunky doesn’t have the same level of toxicity. There is a big difference between a harmless clown and a narcissistic raging asshole.

That’s a very good summation.

Heh, I really have triggered you, haven’t I? Simply by being smarter than you, calmer than you, and (let’s be frank) better looking.

(And yeah - you’re never going to convince me that I’m dumb, because I actually know who I am and what I do for a living. You’re also never going to convince anybody else that I’m dumb, because they can read. So good luck with that doomed tactic.)

You can cry cause and effect, but your posts are all still here. The thread’s not even that long. It’s painfully clear what’s going on here: You started this thread to gloat about getting somebody suspended, and then when people didn’t immediately heap praise upon you you instantly started slinging insults out of nowhere, in a rather weak attempt at trolling.

Seriously - if you’re going to troll, up your trolling game. Good trolls try to incite people to angry emotional responses while staying calm themselves - not just inwardly calm (which you’re not), but also outwardly calm (which you’re not). They post provocative opinions while pretending to take them seriously, and while ignoring counterarguments and sealioning and all the other tricks that trolls use to try to make other people angry. A troll “wins” when it takes over a thread with angry responses while maintaining the veneer of being the adult in the room.

You don’t have the chops to pull this off, sadly. I mean, yes, you sealion and such, but the minute people smarter and calmer than you come in and point out that you’re a weaksauce troll baby, you lose your shit and turn into an underdeveloped preteen, slinging insults at the drop of a hat.

Real trolls don’t have to resort to that - and they don’t resort to that, because they have the emotional control to stand outside the situation. That’s the whole point - they’re the aloof puppetmaster.

You, on the other hand, are just a sad, angry little man.

:smiley:

You forgot more modest. :smiley:

Troll up! Troll up! Troll up! See the mutant eight-armed sealion blowing his own horn!

I considered mentioning that, but I didn’t want to brag. :smiley:

Damn, man. Just damn.

Don’t be a sadopus Octopus, I’m sure there’s someone here that like you!

Also, fuck and buzz.

CMC fnord!

Ok boomer.

It’s like a defective ELIZA program.

And look I know the pit isn’t going to convince anyone of anything that they don’t already think anymore than arguing a point in great debates, elections, ATMB, or even PM. Just saying.

That’s why the thread is called friendly advice. If Drunky follows it in the future he won’t get warned or suspended for his behavior. However, he probably won’t. Because he like so many others here want special rules for special posters.

They want to debate in great debates as long as it’s ideologically pure. They want to insult and make up lies about others in the pit while being insulated from appropriate feedback. Well, that’s not now this place works yet.

BigT, is a perfect example of this mindset. Using the appropriate forum appropriately has to be trolling in his little mind for unfathomable reasons.

Also in BigT’s world it seems like the so-called righteous are devoid of all agency and respond like one of Pavlov’s dogs to stimulation in a preprogrammed fashion. While, the so-called wicked are coldly calculating Machiavellian sociopaths who deviously employ said stimulation to trick the righteous into sin and punishment. BigT, conservatives are not Lucifer or the devils :eek: and you and your fellow ideologically aligned hive are surely not angels.

BigT wasn’t calling out right wingers. He was criticizing you.

Defective ELIZA program is right; almost none of this gibberish has any relation to anything anyone has said. About the only part that has any precedent in this thread is your lie that this thread was meant to be friendly advice, when it clearly was not.

What is an Eliza program?