Fuck the Eagles. I ain't seeing your fucking show even if you do rescedule.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/

Fuck you. Duluth is smaller than Grand Forks, plus we have people from Fargo and Winnipeg that would have come. I bought 4 $96 tickets to see your decrepit asses do a “farewell” tour, and this is what happens?!? So the 20,000+ that would have sold wasn’t enough?

Fuck you Eagles. Your CD’s will make good target practice for my new gun today when I try it out.

Welcome to the Hotel Fuck You.

dufferI feel your pain. 25 odd years ago I had tickets to see the Egos–oops I mean Eagles, at Red Rocks here in Colorado.
They broke up, the concert was canceled and I could not get a refund. Except for Joe Walsh, I never did like those guys all that much anyway.

Say, have you checked to see if Poco is touring?

Much more talent, better songs, not such assholes, somewhat original style

I am just saying…

Interesting. They are playing in Billings, Montana and haven’t been able to sell out a 9,000 seat venue.

I talked with friends and we all agreed $90 was waaaay too much for a band that hasn’t had a hit since the early 80’s.

My personal philosophy has become “No Band is Worth More Than $50 A Seat.” It means I don’t see some of the top-tier bands I like, but spending $100+ on a night out is more than I care to do, unless it involves Vegas or strippers or something. I’ll buy some CDs and go see some less-famous bands. The $15 I spent on Great Big Sea last night was better than some of the $50-60 concerts I used to go to.

Are you from Forks, Duffer? I’ll be damned, we have something in common. I lived there for years and I’m a UND grad.

This is just a WAG but maybe the band found out that Englestad Arena was built by a Nazi? The Ralph is a damn nice rink but it creeps me out a little that Engestad himself collected Nazi memerobillia and held birthday parties for Hitler. Maybe the Eagles found out about it. I believe Don Henley is somewhat of a political activist, isnt he? Maybe he thought it would hurt his image.

Or maybe that has nothing to do with it, what the hell do I know.

It does seem strange that they didn’t give a reason for the cancellation. I don’t think Duluth would draw any more, or even as much as GF, but who knows?

[Cab Driver]Fuck you man. If you don’t like my fuckin’ music get your own fuckin’ cab! I pull over and kick your ass out![/Cab Driver]

Wasn’t that one of Bill Maher’s “NEW RULES”?

That when you have a ‘farewell tour’ you actually have to *go away * after it?

Sorry to pick nits here, but Grand Forks is about half the population of Duluth, plus there would be a large draw from the Twin Cities.

But I can’t think of anybody or anything I’d pay $95.00 to see anyway.
:smiley: