Fuck those barbarians

http://www.planetout.com/news/article.html?2005/07/21/1

Iran publicly executed two teenagers on Tuesday accusing them of raping a 13-year-old boy and having gay sex, according to Iran’s ISNA news agency.

The two teenagers were hanged in Edalat (Justice) Square in Mashhad, Iran’s second-largest city. They were only identified by their initials, M.A. and A.M.

Before their execution, the teenagers were held in prison for 14 months and lashed 228 times.

Ruhollah Rezazadeh, the lawyer for the youngest teenager, appealed to Tehran’s Supreme Court, saying his client was too young to be executed, but the court ordered him hanged.

While the teens admitted to having sex with each other, the London-based gay human rights group OutRage! believes the admissions were coerced under torture.

OutRage! also doubts that the 13-year-old was raped, noting that the crime was not mentioned by some key news agencies. The organization believes the alleged rape to be either a trumped-up charge or, it suggests, the 13-year-old was a willing participant.

FUCK THEM.
Bloody fuck them sideways with a cactus.

Look at those poor kids:

May the judge of Mashhad get his reward from his ‘allah’ and rot in ‘hell’.

Wow! You learn some weird shit every day. If there weren’t so many blondes, this could be a photo of death row in Iran.

Doubt you’ll be seeing many of the ‘If the West wasn’t so interventionalist & pro-Israeli every thing would be peachy-keen in Iran’ sentiments posted here. I can’t imagine anyone supporting this thug regime’s quest to build a nuclear weapon. It’s startling.

Yeah, I’ve been hearing for years that Iran is riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight on the ragged edge of a grassroots uprising. Then a hyper-Islamist fundy government was recently “elected,” and now the iron fist falls.

I don’t know about an uprising, but the Iran parliaent was slowly shifting away from the Imams for over ten years. Then, when the U.S. decided to announce that Iran was part of an “axis of evil” and followed up by invading their next-door neighbors, the Mullahs decided that they needed more control and decertified several of the opposition poltical parties. After that, the parliament shifted abruptly in the direction of the mullahs at the next election.

So it was a fixed election. That’s what I said.

Yep. I was waiting for someone to say: It’s all America’s fault!

Thanks, tomndebb I’m sure those teenagers parents are thrilled with that news.

I didn’t read that as tomndebb condemning America for it being their fault. I think he was saying that some actions taken by the U.S. have backfired.

That is not what was posted you illiterate reactionary tool. I am pretty fucking tired of this response every time some one tries to put some event into some sort of larger context.

I was going to start this thread when I read about it yesterday, gum.

I’ll see your “Fuck them” and raise you a “…and the Sharia law they rode in on.”

With disgusting policies like executing 9 yead old girls, methinks Iran has helped make Bush’s case for him.

The point, which you’re missing, being that Iran was evolving a more secular government around the time the Boy King lumped them in with the Axis of Eeeeeevuuuullll. It was at least partly Bush’s tinpot saber-rattling that prompted the Mullahs to grab back their control of the country.

OK, here is the thing though. See, the whole point is that things were trending more secular and that one of the unintended consequences of our cowboy diplomacy is that Iran is becoming more radicalized and more fundamentalist. More radicalized and more fundamentalist=more dead 9 year olds. See?

How old were these teenagers actually?

Even though this is the Pit, I’ll try to contain what I really want to say about this thug mentality.

Let’s not forget what happened to a young woman a year ago in Iran.

Basically, she was hanged for being “uppity” and for talking back to a judge.

We are in the 21st century and yet there are still countries being run by barbaric bastards !!!

(I guess the “giant leap for mankind” has been delayed by a couple of millenia in Iran).

Ok, I read this:

Then I read this:

I know that you’re “pretty fucking tired of this response”, but aren’t you saying that it’s America’s fault? Just asking for clarification not a fight, since you seem pretty geared up about this.

Has the U.S. Supreme Court Lost Its Collective Mind?

Roper v. Simmons -The Supreme Court can’t make up its mind about the moral capacities of kids.

Absolutism in thought rarely serves any purpose.

Did America contribute to the current political climate in Iran? Of course we did. But the world exists in nuances, and we can take the Bush Regime to task for hamfisted cowboy diplomacy at the same time as we take the mullahs to task for their actions.

Blame is not a finite resource.

Greathouse, No. I am not saying that this is America’s fault. I am truly baffled by that interpretation. Let me be clear: this is the fault of the bastards that set this policy, the sheep that allow them to be in power and the sub human that actually did the deed. They can sit at the table and eat the huge steaming pile of guilt for this one. No question in my mind about that.

What I am also saying is that this is a many faceted thing. That we have had and continue to have a great deal of influence as to how things go in the Middle East and that our current policy in discouraging rather than encouraging any kind of secular movement in Iran (or, indeed, the Middle East in general). In other words, while the blame for this is not ours, we share some responsibility.

Also, what he said

I disagree, but I believe I understand what you were saying. Thank you for the clarification.