Fuck you, Greek police, may all of you be cuckcolded by diseased gigolos

Terrible. Just terrible. Because of this, folk won’t readily accept that Gypsies steal white babies and that’ll embolden them to start doing so. They’re sneaky like that, and I should know. I live in Europe and everything. - This comment is brought to you by r/worldnews: Stormfront for neckbeards.

What I find fascinating is the reaction to the news that Maria is Romani from the charity that’s caring for her. The director, a Mr. Yannopoulos, has been quite verbose throughout the course of this drama. He was quite happy to say, “She’s happy because probably for the first time she’s got the care and tenderness that a child needs in this age. She has toys to play with and people to take care for her”. He was quite happy to say that videos of her dancing showed that she was, “dancing, going round and round like a little trained bear”. He was also quite happy to point out that Maria hadn’t asked for her “so-called parents”, unlike other children in care. Of course, he doesn’t actually know if she’s asked for those “so-called parents” because Maria speaks Romani and he’s not allowed her access to an interpreter because, “we didn’t risk it”.

Now that it’s confirmed that Maria is Romani, he has pretty much no comment. How odd. He was very talkative when she was a blonde angel.

:confused: Wait, I thought adoption was stealing a child from its natural parents and forcing it to call a couple of strangers “mummy” and “daddy”. I’m so confused.

Hobos? Hobos? Sir, you offend me. They are not hobos. They are Residentially Challenged Americans.

:smack::rolleyes: …and the unbelievables keep adding up.

What was the risk? That the Roma interpreter would co-conspire? :confused:

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I could buy there being an intervention based on that NO ONE – of ANY group in the population – should be “handling their own social problems” without filing proper paperwork with the lawful authorities (i.e. a charge of illegal adoption or illegal transfer of custody of a minor) IF that could be shown to be “colorblind” and applied equally to, say, children found in the home of an ethnic Greek family involved in a welfare fraud.

I… I honestly don’t think that being Romani had anything to do wit this. I assume that any child suspected of having been kidnapped would go straight to social services, and not released to the neighbours or friends of the couple, no matter how non-Roma was everyone involved.

Maria probably doesn’t think of the couple as her parents which is why she did not ask for them as such. If they got a Romani interpreter in there to interview the child, Maria would probably say that her parents who gave birth to her are somewhere else working (possibly even naming Bulgaria depending on how much she know) and that she lives with her tribe and sleeps in the Dimopoulous’ house. Depending on the arrangements made with the parents and the religious beliefs of all involved, she may call Mr. and Mrs. Dimopoulous her godparents, her in-laws, her cousins or simply Mr. and Mrs. Dimopoulous. How she addresses them will depend on whose around and the language she is speaking at the time.

Yep, you’re confused or brainwashed by the constant bombardment of pro-adoption, nuclear family only proganda we encounter so often. Maria was born to a poor Romany woman. Her mother sent her to live with another family of her tribe (probably a distant cousin). Most Romany consider all Romanies of the same tribe and working group one big family (and if you did a DNA analysis they usually are all related). The couple weren’t strangers. We don’t know the details, but it’s quite possible the child was considered a future daughter-in-law by the family lived with. One thing I would bet on, if she spoke Greek or any language other than Romany how she addressed the Dimopoulous in that language (where outsiders would hear) was probably not the same as how she addressed them in Romany (in which she expressed what she actually thought and felt).

I believe they would have quickly found an interpreter that spoke the right language to question the child if Maria had been of any other heritage than Roma.

Haven’t there been similar cases in America recently where parents adopted children legally but then transferred them illegally to other families when they got tired of the children?

So what happens if (according to current news reports) it turns out that the biological mother sold Maria to the Dimopoulous family. Does that make everything OK?

I don’t care how functional and cohesive some of you claim the Roma familial culture is, it looks pretty fucked up from this observer. :rolleyes:

I have no idea, nor is that the case in this situation.

Why can’t they just be fairly incompetent and unable to find translators in, say, Shona, vietnamese or Tasmanian? It’s not like the world is that obsessed with victimizing only the Roma, you know?

Have Roma ever really been in the practice of stealing babies?

That sounds like the kind of UL that certain parents might have invented to account for suspiciously missing babies.

I find your approval of having illegitimate children and then being surprised that the sperm donor doesn’t want anything to do with an illegitimate child pretty fucked up. Even if money has changed hands I don’t have a problem with it considering the amount that goes on in a standard adoption arranged by lawyers. Strange how everyone thinks it’s just peachy that the lawyers, the hospital, the charities involved, etc., can all make money off a child being taken away from its parents, but if the poor parents are given a penny it’s just horrible. Also, if the Dimopoulou family took this child to live with them as a potential daughter-in-law, bride-price is a complicated culture practice. It can be used for good and bad. In many cases it is simply an expensive cultural practice that is part of wedding tradiations similiar, no different than the giving of engagement rings or having best men.

I think you should google Roma, persecution, and Europe. If this child had not been Roma, the police would not have bothered. The fact that they did not take any of the darker children in the encampment in for testing speaks volumes.

No, but we will take others unwanted children and raise them. We don’t require them to call their caregivers mother and father if they didn’t give birth to them or turn their backs on their original families, history, and culture.

Why people (Americans usually) think that Americans have a lock on racism or stupid racial antics is a mystery to me. Good grief people, have you never BEEN to Europe (or Japan, or myriad other places where racism is rampant)?? As to the Roma, yeah…they are pretty much reviled in most European countries, and while the Germans were wiping out Jews during the Holocaust they also rounded up quite a few Roma as well for the death camps.

Certainly American treatment of minorities has been brutal, but open your eyes folks…there is a wider world of racism and bigotry out there beyond the US. We got most of the attitudes the old fashioned way…they were brought here by the people who immigrated here, and not all the racists or bigots left the old countries for our shores.

As to the OP, I think it’s spot on, but unfortunately the hatred and bigotry that it represents is very deeply ingrained throughout the continent, and it’s not JUST the Roma who catch that attitude, though they are definitely pariahs there.

You should google just prosecution and Europe, frankly, and see how much more results you come up with. We Euros have a long tradition of brutalizing all sorts of cultures and races.

And I’m sure they would have bothered with checking a blonde girl in the middle of, say. a Turkish or Somali settlement, too, or even a black toddler from fair-haired Bulgarian parents who couldn’t produce adoption papers.

What do you think of cases where Australian mothers sold their babies? Or murdered them? Does that make Australian familial culture look fucked up?

Probably not. I doubt the majority of Americans ever leave America; and the number is even smaller if you discount those who visit Mexico and Canada.

*<searches>
According to this article only 30% of Americans even have a passport; and that number is up from the past.