Fucking Bird

Driving home the other day, a fucking bird decided to try and kill himself using my car. He crashed right into my windsheild. Now, I’ve got a nice little spiderweb there and it keeps growing.

I can’t afford to get it fixed, and I can’t easily go to my insurance company because we have a $1,000 deductable and I couldn’t afford to have car insurance if the rates went up.

Motherfucking bird.

Know anyone who is uber car handy, and can put in a used windshield for you?

Before it spreads anymore go have it fixed. Your insurance company will most likely waive the deductable if it can be repaired.

I forgot to add that my insurance, State Farm, has only raised my rates for a wreck that was my fault. I’ve had my steering column punched 3 different times in attempted thefts, and they only cost me my deductible.

The birdie smash is a comprehensive loss. Not your fault. As a State Farm Claim Rep (Auto claims, no less!) I guarandamntee ya that this will not affect your rates.

The smash doesn’t sound repairable, but depending on where it is on the glass you may be able to pay a company to stop the lines from spreading further. Also, check with your insurance agent to make sure you don’t have a glass deductible waiver on your policy. This is available in some states. Basically, if your car gets stolen or something like that, yeah you have the $1,000 deductible. But glass is repaired *without * assessing the deductible. It’ll only cost you a phone call (and, of course, the usual “How’s your life insurance” pitch).

And another thing, have your agent run you some quotes with a lower comprehensive deductible. Collision too if that’s at $1k. Just to see…

Oh yeah, wasn’t “Fucking Bird” a character in Dances With Wolves?

What cheap bastard said. In some states, by law, the insurance company isn’t allowed to charge you the deductable for a windshield. At least call them and see. If you still can’t get it fixed maybe there’s a product that can be applied to stop the cracks from spreading.

On my policy, glass damage is handled quite differently from other kinds of accidental damage. I had my windshield replaced in February, and the deducible was only $100 – I don’t recall my general deductible, but it’s quite a bit higher – and my insurance company provided me with a list of local glass shops who would waive the deductible. Total out of pocket: $0.

And let’s not blame the poor bird! It’s not like the bird, trapped in the ennui of modern life, declared “Alas, woe is my pitiful bird life! Hark! A car! A chance to end it all!”

Jonathan “Proud employee of a bird magazine” Chance

I have Glass Insurance on my car. Buck a month. I figure it’s worth it, from random rocks to idiots with hammers.

In other news, did anyone hear “Surfin’ bird” when they read the title?

Is the BIRD OK?