Fucking Incompetent Dry Cleaners

I decided that I was going to take my restaurant work shirts to the dry cleaners instead of doing them myself. That was my first mistake. I thought they would look better coming out hot and crispy off the press.

I go in drop off 2 shirts, they ask me my name. So I give it to them and they key me in on the computer ask me my phone number and stuff. Now, first thing I have noticed is they don’t give me a little receipt thing that will identify my clothing when I go pick it back up, but didn’t think anymore about it. I Just thought that may be they had a better system or something. Yeah right. I Go in 2 days later and they can’t find my shirts. I told them I needed them. They ask me my name, I give it to them. Are you sure that is the name they are under? Yes, I am sure. I haven’t had a name change in 2 days. After 20 minutes of watching those racks go around for the 1000th time, they find my shirts.

So I drop off 2 more on Monday at 9:15am. And go back to pick them up at 9:15 Wednesday morning. They aren’t done yet. Now most cleaning services that I know if it’s in by 9 it’s back by 5. They had 2 days to get the shirts done. She asks “Do you need them”? No, lady I like wearing this white undershirt around and I am sure my employer will get a kick out of it as well. I have to be to work at 10 can you get them done by then or not? So I had to wait 25 minutes for them to find and finish them at that time.

Frustrated, but still more than willing to give them a chance I drop off 2 more shirts. I go in today to pick them up and give them my name. Lady keys the name and says are you sure its under that name? I laughed this time. I couldn’t believe it. How disorganised can you get? If I didn’t know any better I would say someone that works there must hate me. Because they sure are pushing the right nerves. I got patience folks but that my dear is pushing it. If you got that much business than may be you don’t need mine. I’ll be doing my own shirts from now on. So fuck you and the cleaner you rode in on. I just thought they might look better coming from the dry cleaner. But I can do without that shit. And for $3.29 I can buy enough starch, bleach, and electricity for my iron and do my own damn fucking shirts. You all suck. If you can’t come up with a better system than that then fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you. I will save myself an extra $10 a week by not bringing my shit to you and I won’t be telling my friends to use your cleaning services either. Fucking bastards.

And furthermore I asked for heavy starch. My definition of heavy starch is them shirts ought to be walking and standing by themselves and if that’s as stiff as you can get a fucking shirt then you must have problems getting something else stiff for the men you have in your life. Fucking bitch. :mad:

Thanks for letting me vent.

First, you should be glad they aren’t incontinent drycleaners. Unless, of course, you want pairs of yellow shirts.

This made me laugh. Maybe that’s where the starch is going.

Anyway, if you go back there again I have no sympathy for you. Unless that’s the only place in town, but even then I’d hope you could think of a better solution.

I worked part-time driving the dry cleaning truck in my youth. The girl that used to check in the clothes had a FABULOUS rack. Once, I got to deliver Willie Nelson’s clean black, ratty old T-shirts to him*. I really wondered why he even bothered having them cleaned they sucked so bad.

*I mentioned that so I could bring this up: Later that night, I may or may not have had a long conversation with Willie at the bar I worked at. I couldn’t make up my drunken mind if it was really him or not. He wasn’t wearing one of the shirts I delivered earlier that day, so his attire was no help in acertaining his true identity.

Don’t worry. My solution is to do them myself. Then if something goes awry, I’ll have nobody to blame but the person in the mirror. :slight_smile:

gatopescado, what sucked so bad? The shirts that Willie was having cleaned or the dry cleaners themselves? :smiley: