Funniest Movie!

The funniest movie ever made was Support Your Local Sheriff! While the rest of you may have different opinions on this subject, you must realize that we are dealing with fact here, not misinformed and unenlightened opinion.

Line forms at the right-Step right up!

I agree that it was a very funny movie.
But “Young Frankenstein” gets my vote.

Why me?

The Original “Airplane!” had me rolling in the aisles.

Monty Python’s “Life of Brian” is right up there too. (“Are there any women here today?”)

Young Frankenstein sure is funny, as is Blazing Saddles.

I’ve always been partial to The Princess Bride but that one isn’t as funny on too many repeat viewings.

Airplane though is very definitely hilarious every time!

“Waheeey! ‘Duck!’ Get it?”
“Errr… No…”
“Duck! Sounds almost exactly like fu-”

Those movies are cute, but do you remember the scene in Support… where Walter Brennan is trying to break his son out of the bar-less cell, and fails? What have you got that compares with that scene?

Clerks.

Yer pal,
Satan

I got a serious kick out of The Commitments; and Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels was a riot, too.

Rabbite Sr: “What did Evel Knevel want?”
Jimmy: “God sent him.”
Rabbite Sr: “What?!”
Jimmy: “God sent him.”
Rabbite Sr: “On a fucking Suzuki?!”

<FONT COLOR=“GREEN”>ExTank</FONT>
<FONT COLOR=“BLUE”>“Good? Bad? I’m the guy with the gun.”</FONT>

“This is a situation that absolutely calls for a truly futile and stupid gesture.”

“And we’re just the guys to do it.”

“It’s time sommebody put his foot down on those guys…and that foot is me.”

With the exception of anything with the Marx Brothers, the funniest flick of all time is “Animal House”

JB
Lex Non Favet Delictorum Votis

Animal House is a very good call.
“Did the US give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?”
But for my money nothing can touch A Christmas Story.
“Only one thing in the world could’ve dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.”

You know when you’ve got it made? When you get your name in the crossword puzzles

I love “Support Your Local Sheriff”, “Airplane” , “The Life of Brian” and “Young Frankenstein” but let me add “The In-Laws” with Peter Falk as the crazy CIA agent who bragged that the Bay of Pigs was his idea.

[ul]
[li]Young Frankenstein[/li][li]Airplane![/li][li]The Ref[/li][li]A Christmas Story[/li][li]Life of Brian[/li][li]Monty Python and the Holy Grail[/li][li]A Fish Called Wanda[/li][li]. . . and many others.[/li][/ul]

“I think he said ‘Blessed are the cheesemakers.’”

The “Little Rascals” episode with “Uncle George.”

“Yum Yum!!! Eeeeeeat 'em up.”

Satan…I fucking LOVED Clerks!!!

When the chick is leaving the store, and the clerk says : Try not to suck anybody off on the way home! (or something like that) I almost peed my pants!

Oh shit at the end, the whole bathroom thing! HAHAHAH and they take her away with the dead guy, and she is totally messed up…good stuff.

Did you like Chasing Amy?

Luis Bunuel’s SIMON OF THE DESERT.

When the saint cures the crippled guy’s missing hands, and he walks off without saying thank you, and the first thing he uses his new hands for is to whack his son on the head; I loved that.

'Course, I also think Beckett plays are a scream.

Uke

Support Your Local Sheriff was outstanding, however, the follow up Support Your Local Gunfighter wasn’t quite up to the mark. Airplane, Blazing Saddles, and Animal House were soda out the nose funny, but only the first time through.
One of my favorite comedy films is My Favorite Year - Peter O’Toole was amazing in it - “Ladies are unwell, Stone, gentlemen vomit.”

While agreeing with all of the forementioned, I cannot resist any opportunity to mention They call me Trinity and Trinity is still my name. Masterful spoofs of the whole spaghetti western genre.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

This is Spinal Tap

It’s such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Stevie - you stole mine!! “It goes to eleven.”

And I’ve got to agree with Life of Brian and Holy Grail…damn, I need to go rent some Monty Python for this weekend now.

I think “Top Secret” would have to be my favorite, followed closely by “Amazon Women On The Moon.” I also really like “Blazing Saddles.” I think Mel Brooks is a comic genius.

“Wait. You dropped your phoney dog poo.”
“What phoney dog poo?”

I can make my eyes tear up just thinking about Michael Palin as Pontius Pilate in “Life Of Brian”. It’s nice to see that others agree with me.