Funniest Star Trek moment

We’ve done Hottest Star Trek babe and Studliest Star Trek Male, so now I think we need to lighten up.

What do you think is the funniest Star Trek moment? All series & movies are acceptable.

My personal favorite is in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) when Scotty is attempting to communicate with the computer…if you’ve seen it, you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

“I am not a merry man.” (Plus Worf breaking Geordi’s lute.)

I nominate the scene in Star Trek IV in which Spock encounters a punk kid with a boom box.

I was going to nominate that one. But since you stole my thunder, how about when Keiko is giving birth and Worf is trying to do everything by the book, and is most miffed when Keiko is harder than the holosuite simulation.

Worf had a lot of sly humorous moments.

Worf was always good for company. There’s a DS9 in which the station command staff are playing baseball with a group of Vulcans. At one point, the DS9 folks realize one of the Vulcans has made it home and is in the dugout without touching one the bases. Nog has the ball, and he asks what he should do, prompting Worf to scream “Find him and kill him!”

Also, much of the Worf-Dax courtship, particularly the wedding episode, is intentionally hilarious.

Yeah, I think The Voyage Home has quite a number of truly funny bits. Aside from those already mentioned, there’s also Spock inserting “colorful metaphor” into his language while not grasping the nuances of their use.

Spock, Kirk, and… the chick, in her truck, and Kirk is trying to explain their excentricies, “He did a little too much LDS.”

He could also be incredibly romantic. I think he and Dax were on Risa, and she drops her towel and stands there in all her bathing suit glory, and Worf says something about a supernova he saw that was glowing and full of color and light, and how it was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen…until now.

Sigh.

Worf was always good for company. There’s a DS9 in which the station command staff are playing baseball with a group of Vulcans. At one point, the DS9 folks realize one of the Vulcans has made it home and is in the dugout without touching one the bases. Nog has the ball, and he asks what he should do, prompting Worf to scream “Find him and kill him!”

Also, much of the Worf-Dax courtship, particularly the wedding episode, is intentionally hilarious.

I thought the episode from TNG where we revisited Tribbles, Worf was asked why Klingons had looked so different back then, and said repressively “We prefer not to talk about it!” Or when he’d been questioned about the Tribbles and referred to the pogrom of extermination that the Klingons had gone on after encountering them on the original Enterprise. Which, when you think about it, is so entirely reasonable, and at the same time so totally unexpected (at least by me).

And then there are the moments not shown on screen. For instance, I always imagined that, in ST:Insurrection, when Riker asks Worf whether he should get back with Troi and Worf gives him his blessing, he added, “Of course, if you ever cause her a moment’s pain, I will be forced to kill you.”

Picard had to “woo” Laxwanna to rescue her from the Ferengi. Patrick Stewart did such a good job of conveying extreme discomfort and dedication to duty, while trying to mean it when he quoted Shakespeare, that I found it very funny.

Oh, and the look on Riker’s face when Deanna told him that during the Phase, Betazed women’s sex drive can triple…or more.

Worf was definitely the funniest character, in the pure Bergsonian sense of what makes humor.

Eliminating him, how about the “Perhaps you wish to tell them about the unfortunate accident I had with a child” exchange in “City on the Edge of Forever.”

I love all the ones from Voyage Home but I’ll add in Tribbles the scene where Scotty is explaining how the fight got going.

I especially love the last line. Scotty, Geek God!

Jim

Moving away from TNG:

1. There’s a Voyager episode in which we see the HoloDoc’s Walter Mitty-esque fantasies. the onew where he imagines becoming the emergency command hologram and having the four pips show up on his collar was hiliarious.

2. The mostly-execrable Enterprise episode where they encounter the Ferengi; T’Pol, having overheard Archer describe her as “humorless,” later rescues him, then spends at least 30 seconds teasing him by refusing unlock his manacles.

I’ve always been amused by the scene from Devil in the Dark:

Kirk: “They’re aaigs, aren’t they?”
Spock: “Yes, Captain. Eggs.”
Quark stealing a cloaking device and leaning on the invisible chassis he’s carrying while speaking to someone.

Particularly the looks on their faces. Scotty is ecstatic at having the leisure to be a geek for a couple of days, and Kirk realizes that he hasn’t punished him at all. (Which explains Scott’s reappearance on the bridge at the end of the episode; Kirk realized the whole exercise was pointless.)

This is even funnier when you realize it’s a lift from Animal House.

I think that’s the winner so far in this thread. I forgot how funny Worf was.
I’ve seen far less Trek than most of you people, but my favorite funny Star Trek moment is Q reappearing on the Enterprise after he gets his powers back. He pops up with a freaking mariachi band, and with all due respect to Mexican culture, mariachi bands are usually funny. A mariachi band in space is really funny.

And he makes Data laugh. That was good.

Oh, and Data saying, “Oooohhhh, sheeeeeetttt” when the Enterprise is about to crash.

DATA
According to my calculations, within the next twelve hours, you will begin to exhibit the first signs of your eventual transformation.

PICARD
Which will be what… ?

DATA
I believe you will also de-evolve into some form of early primate. Possibly similar to a lemur, or…pygmy marmoset.