Funny Real Life Names

“Fuck,” pronounced “Fook,” is a surname in the Germany Rhineland. Look in the phone book for the city of Koblenz and you’ll find half a dozen listings for people named Fuck. There’s also a firm in Koblenz called Drukerei Fuck (“Fuck Printing Co.”)

Well, mine are pretty boring, but I had a friend in high school and college whose name was ‘Justin Case Lastname’, and my parents had a friend (the one who introduced them to each other) named Mike Hoff.

Guy down the hall is named “Randy Mann.”

Cue “Tales of Ribaldry.” Tee-hee!

These were told to me (so I do not vouch 100% for their accuracy):

My dad had a friend in college who changed his name. His dad, a German immigrant, was extremely offended, as “Harry Bahls is a good strong name.”

My ex-husband had a client, Peter Wacker, the CEO of the Wacker corporation. Apparently he did not learn from his own childhood, as his son was also on the board and was named Peter.
This is the only one I vouch for personally:

I had a co-worker once who named her son Levi. Levi Shouse. When I asked her about it, she grinned and said, “Yep. Tough to the very last!”

25 years ago, I did my job training with someone named Tim Burr.

And one of the lecturers was called Dick Benderz.

Mm. My husband and I live down the road a few blocks from one. On occasion, my husband will put his shoes on and annouce,

“I don’t know about you, but I’m going out to get some Dick’s.”

He always comes back with a lighter wallet and a smile on his face.

I know a woman named Crystal who married Mr. John Ball.

America’s Bahls are concentrated in Iowa and Montana.

Back in college, I found one ‘Stormin Gator’ in the phone book.
Apparently that surname doesn’t make it to the top 50,000 American names.
Turnipseed is there, though.

Well, less on the funny side and more on the cool side, but I had a friend in college who’s last name was Bonesteel.

Since no one’s mentioned her, I suppose none of you youngsters have heard of Ima Hogg. And, no, she does not have a sister.

This is more bad-ass than anything else, but there’s a very well-respected political scientist named Ann-Marie Slaughter. She’s mainly an international relations wonk - if you can think of a better name for that field, I’ll buy you a drink.

Behold the incomprehensibly-named Oral Suer . Whether you pronounce it “Sewer” (which I think is correct) or “Swear” it’s still funny.

I worked in a company with a Philippine office. The last name of one of the officers there was Pagan-Colon.

Sailboat

When I was about 14, we visited San Francisco. Of course, we had to go tour Chinatown. My dad suddenly burst out laughing and took a picture of a laundry. I found that picture years later and saw what dad was laughing about. Down in the corner of the window, under all the prices and services listed, was the proprietor’s name: Hung Far Lo.

I can’t think of a better name, but the 90-degree version is that I worked with a homicide detective named Charlie Slaughter.

Anita Hoare Real Estate Agent, from my hometown of Ottawa, Ontario. snort

And of course, there’s always professor Drydyk, at Carleton University, also in Ottawa. Great guy. Awesome name. Department of Philosophy, I think. Too lazy to look up the link. :smiley:

People I’ve known:
[ul]
[li]Scarlet Angel[/li][li]Plymouth Rock[/li][li]Velvet Knight[/li][li]Et (pronounced “Eat”) Wright[/li][li]Dang Wright (Both Et and Dang were Vietnamese kids, I think, adopted by a military family)[/li][li]Several Vietnamese kids named Phuc (I don’t care how it’s pronounced, it’s just not safe in a middle/high school[/li][li]A woman with the last name of Ho[/li][/ul]
I knew of a guy named Justin Case as well. Sounds pretty common.

At my school, we have several profs named Richard that are in their fifties and sixties. They all go by “Dick.” They are also all senior members of the faculty - so often people discuss how important a meeting is by how many Dicks are in attendance. “Hey, that curriculum committee meeting was a big deal, three Dicks showed up.”

I know a motivational speaker called Bora Ucok. He works it.

Dick Blood: He could sit next to Mr. Trickle. He lives in my town and actually called my job when I worked as a receptionist. I had to stifle myself hard not to laugh my ass off while saying, “Jim, I have Dick Blood on the phone…” and half expected him to say, “Well, wipe it off, for god’s sake, and stop doing that on company time!”

Dr. Peter Head: I actually knew a Peter Head. This is not him, but that just goes to show, there’s more than one out there. Wow.

Dick Armey of Texas was House Majority Leader. I always thought that sounded like a very right-wing hawk name, so it’s kind of uncanny.

I once had a lady come into my court named Daphne Threat Medley. Dare I say it… Band Name!

They need to open one in Sequim. I’m sure there’s some place on Kitchen-Dick Road :smiley: