Futurama's back. Seriously this time.

Link 1
Link 2

This seems more solid than all the other times it has come back :slight_smile:

Go on. Pull the other one. :slight_smile:

Yay!

It’s irked me that they chose to bring Family Guy back over Futurama, when Futurama is such a superior show.

And it appears Fox won’t be airing the glorious return of Bender, which lends further credence to my theory that Fox is run by retarded monkeys.

Good news, everyone!

Happy day!

Sadly, I never liked Futurama when it originally aired. I was one of those people. :frowning:

I never watched it because I thought ‘cartoons in space? wt?’. Bad, bad, bad lady!

And then it hit adult swim and I’m now a huge fan. A few episodes have actually made me teary eyed…

This is good news!

I was thinking about this today, and if it was actual, and I figured that the interesting thing is that the first article linked to (which was the one I reading in the paper itself) is from the New York Post, which is owned by News Corp., parent company of Fox network and TCF Television. If Fox says it is (indirectly), doesn’t that almost make it so? Maybe not.

Holy crap! Having heart attack from excitement! Can’t breath!
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hmm…not enough excitement…
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All you smiley haters can kiss my shiny metal ass! This is a fabulous, CRABULOUS, day! This is like Robot Party Week condenssed into one day! And it’s also Freedom Day!

This is not theory but has been proven irrefutably by their programming choices in their lifetime.

Now, my theory that Fox is run by exceptionally retarded monkeys is still a theory.

Great llama of the Bahamas!

After so many false reports, I’m gun-shy. I’ll believe it when I see it.

I think it’s real this time.

Clearly someone got hit with the clamps!

Yeah, but it’s going to be on Comedy Central. =\

Eh, I just hope it doesn’t suck when it comes back, a’la Family Guy. I know that Billy West and Katey Sagal are confirmed but I’m worried that John Di Maggio might not come back.

From Link 2 in the OP:

Me, I’m hoping that Maurice LaMarche comes back. “Kittens give Morbo gas.”

The Simpsons made me laugh, once, but they never made me cry. Futurama has done that at least twice. Jurrasic Bark, people. So sad. Peace out.

What’s so bad about it being on Comedy Central?

It’s actually better that it’s airing on Comedy Central than Fox. Ratings that on network TV would be a failure can be a big sucess on cable.

Sean Han–

No. I WILL NOT GO THERE on such a happy day. Will not. Won’t do it.

I just hope this goes as well as those excellent Star Wars prequels…

I mean, wait!!!

*is arrested by the Futurama Jihad (There Is No Jihad) *

crosses fingers, holds breath, grabs four leaf clovers and horseshoes and wishes on all the stars she can count

Wow. Just wow.

Okay folks, AIUI the original series ran in real time, ie a year in real time = a year in series time. Series 1 was set in the year 3000, series 2 was set in 3001, etc.

So, after a gap of several years, should they resume at the point they left off? Or should they take up the story with a several year gap?

Maybe Fry and Leela got married and divorced during those years.

Strictly speaking, they already did that (Time Keeps on Slippin’).

Without a seven-leaf, it’s useless. No Futurama or parachute pants.

Looks like Got Futurama Got Scooped. Although if you think about it a little too much, “four made-for-DVD-movies” would just about work out to 13 episodes of running time. I wonder if they’re fulfilling the 4-movie-contract with interconnected episodes, the way Family Guy did with the Stewie DVD “movie.”