Gahh! What song is stuck in your head?

For me, since yesterday afternoon, it’s been the Kinks’ Set Me Free. Nice enough tune, but 33,999 replays in the inner sanctum have taken it down a notch or two.

I don’t recall actually hearing it yesterday, or, for that matter, for several years. I suspect the grocery store’s background music planted the demon seed.

This hasn’t happened to me in a long time. What’s the answer? Drive it away with another tune? Get some Yardbirds goin’?

So who’s hounding your inner ear today? Maybe we can trade.

Set me free…

I Only Want to Be with You by the Bay City Rollers.

I don’t know where it came from either. Like you, I haven’t heard it in years. I used to like it (but I had to kill it).

Don’t feel bad… I have " A Hard Day’s Night" -Bealtes stuck in mah head…
It’s been a hard day’s night… and I’ve been working like a dog…

No Doubt’s “Hey Baby”, with the chorus ‘Hey baby, hey baby, hey!’

Only I sing it ‘jar-baby jar-baby-j’. Thanks, Doob.

Bohemian by The Dandy Warhols. It’s the tune to a very overplayed Vodafone commerial in Europe. And to tell you the thruth, I still like the song even though it’s been in my head for more than a month now.

I caught an episode of an old TV show called Surfside 6 on cable one Saturday night & couldn’t get the stupid theme song out of my head.

The following Thursday Stewie onFamily Guy sang part of it & neither show’s been on since.

I caught an episode of an old TV show called Surfside 6 on cable one Saturday night & couldn’t get the stupid theme song out of my head.

The following Thursday Stewie onFamily Guy sang part of it & neither show’s been on since.

Plus my 1&1/2 year old nephew calls me Gahh! What does it all mean??

“Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport” by Rolf Harris.

last week it was “the Curly Shuffle” by Jump n’ the Saddle

This morning I woke up with “I Want You to Want Me” by Cheap Trick.

In the last few minutes I have started flipping back and forth between “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” by Michael Jackson and “Maybe the Old Songs” by Barry Manilow.

I’m hoping that I can replace them soon with something that doesn’t make me want to jam an ice pick into my ears.

o/~ Girlfriend in a coma, I know… I know it’s serious… o/~
This is going on three weeks now. This is ridiculous. MAKE IT STOP!!

Went to eat Chinese the other day, and they had some easy listening station on the radio. You know the Sammy Hagar songs when he was in Van Halen that really suck? One of them was on, Love Comes Walking In, and I’m thinking, how much can the members of Van Halen hate the fact that they’re being played on EASY LISTENING stations?

It’s been repeating in my head ever since.

Ray’s Rockhouse, a la The Manhattan Transfer, for days now. But a pretty good song so not too painful.

For months, maybe years now, for some reason almost every time I get in the shower it’s Genesis, don’t even know the name, “This is the time we live in, and these are the days we’re given, so (mumble mumble don’t know the words) trying to make this a place worth living IN.” And I visualize that weird claymation video that went with it sometimes.

*Ray’s Rockhouse *has kind of pushed Genesis aside for the past couple of days, thank goodness.

I thought *When Love Comes Walking In *sounded like easy listening even when Van Halen did it.

Thanks to one of my coworkers I now have the theme song for a local stereo shop (called The Stereo Shop) running through my head. It’s sort of a B-52s meets The Beach Boys kinda song…

Stop at the Shop… at Stereo Shop… Stop at the Shop… at Stereo Shop… ad infinitum

Grrrrrr. The theme from the Elmo’s World segment of Sesame Street. What we do for our children!

Well, a hearty “BLEAH!!!” to AlaItalia for getting Ray’s Rockhouse stuck in my head. I sang it in high school so I have the added (non) bonus of knowing the words, insuring that it will repeat for a very long time.

Okay though, because Nemesis by Shriekback had found its way in there.

(Songs tend to rip through my brain all day long, literally by the dozens, both in turn and concurrently. This thread is hell. As a side note, I can get almost any horrible song out of my head by replacing it with All Mixed Up by 311.)

Your House by JimmyEatWorld.

Normally it depends on which toy I stumble over on the way out the door in the morning.

However, I was fortunate enough to be listening to some ZZ on the way in and “kepelna kepelna kepelna you wanna blow your top” is currently gracing my inear sanctum.

:evil snicker:
:smiley:

Unbroken Chain, by the Grateful Dead

I even did a wicked imitation of Phil Lesh in the shower this a.m.

“Don’t Fence Me In” by David Bryne

My mind is on holiday :smiley: