Gaming Headsets

I’m looking to buy a gaming headset that I can use for my PS3 and also with my MacBook to do some Skype chat and the like. I was thinking of splurging on a Turtle Beach Ear Force DPX21 or PX5, but the reviews of poor build quality scare me. I’d like more than just a single earpiece and mic, so that I could use it for gaming at night. The Sharkoon X-Tatic listed on Amazon sounds interesting, but I’ve never heard of the brand, and the Tritton TRIAX-720 and AX Pro seem very similar to the Sharkoon. I don’t mind spending $200, but I expect something that works well and is sturdy. Any advice?

no idea if it works with PS3 but i love my Logitech.

I’ve got Sennheiser HD 580s with a Astro amp. Check out Astro. Their stuff is pretty good and pretty well received. If you want a small step down, that’d be Tritton.

PS3 only takes USB or Bluetooth, right? That’s going to be a problem and add some expense. Seems like USB is probably hit-or-miss 'cause of driver issues on the PS3, but that’s speculation instead of experience.

Love mine.

I’ve gone through a lot of headsets. I’ve finally found one. That can take a beating.

Thanks to all who replied. For anyone interested, I decided to put together a system instead, going off the recommendation in an Amazon review. I’ve bought the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 headphones, the Zalman Microphone Zm-Mic1 microphone, the Astro MixAmp, and a Behringer U Control UCA202 to make a Toslink connection between my computer and the MixAmp. Hopefully it’ll all be here in a few days and I’ll probably post an update on how it works.