Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay

All I heard was…

Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg Egg…

And I’m sick and tired of all these egg debates… the smaller end, of course.

So I’m an optomist! Wanna make something of it? :wink: Actually, I see it as part an parcel of the fighting of ignorance – lissener’s currently active thread in GD has posts from a number of people who had their consciousness raised, including a couple who had bought into fundamentalist condemnations who ended up seeing things in a different light.

And whether or not argumentation actually gets anywhere, remember the lurkers – if even one person reads these threads and ends up supportive of gay rights or accepting of one gay person as a result, it’s worth the time and effort we all have put into them.

Actually, I’ve seen a couple of others. The three “Christianity and Love” threads originally started by pepperlandgirl were very productive – and have a special meaning to me, because it was where I cut my teeth in GD.

But your point is valid – we do go over the same ground ad nauseam. All I can say is, things have come a long way in the 55 years and 2 days I’ve been alive – and I guarantee that what we’ve done here has been one small but important part of it. Hang in there, Priam; brighter days are coming. That’s a promise – and a prophecy! :slight_smile:

Yeah. Those guys that make eye-glasses and telescopes annoy me. :wink:

I wish you a belated “happy birthday”.

gay

Topic: Fat people on welfare should be executed and fed to poor, skinny people who really need the protein. Discuss.

I aim to please. :wink:

Seriously, I think it’s really, really rare that people change their mind during a debate. Opinions have something like inertia, and it takes time and effort to change them. If five years from now, someone I argued with today thinks, “Wait a minute, coffeecat had a point,” that’s a success. “The day is short, the task is great,” and all that.

One question: is your nom-de-plume indicative of your ethnic origin?

The presumption of homophobia until proven innocent is becoming a little tiresome, I must say.

Perhaps. But it’s hardly a presumption totally without merit given the OP, the nom-de-plume in question and the facts surrounding the low status/harsh treatment of gays in India.

Remember: Gay gay gay eggs gay and gay, without the gay, is just eggs. :smiley:

Gay gay bo-bay banana fanna fo fay, mi mo may may-GAY!

Moi? Or was that directed at someone else?

vous

No, it isn’t. I am neither Greek nor north-western Turkish in origin. Born and raised in the rolling hills of Northern Kentucky with a penchant for mythology of all sorts.

To the rolling of the gay-
Of the gay, gay, gay:
To the tolling of the gay,
Of the gay, gay, gay, gay-
Gay, gay, gay-
To the moaning and the groaning of the gay.

Priam, try another forum.

Ah, they’re 1920s-style “death gays.”

now that makes me imagine elmo’s world:

Elmo: What do you want to learn about today Dorothy? Oh, Dorothy wants to learn about homosexuality! Oh, Mr. Noodle!

[end of show] Elmo: ok, let’s all sing the gay song!

gay gay gay, gay gay gay, gay gay gay gay gay (with toy piano accompanyment)

I agree with this 100%.

Am I missing something? What does Priam (the king of Troy) have to do with India?

Yeah, but Jodi, I’d say that 99% of THAT attitude is coming from lissener.