Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay Gay

oh, good Heavens

Won’t someone think of the lurkers. If you give just 5 words a day, less than the amount of curses you use just to get up in the morning, we can save just one lurker.

No, it’s thank Heaven.

(For 7-11.)

Why would we want to save lurkers? All they do is not post…

Every time you start a homophobia thread, God kills a lurker.

SO, is Priam ranting because he thinks that all topics being currently debated are gay, or because he thinks certain posters turn everything into a gay issue? Or does he think all posters in GD are gay? There’s 7 gays in the title, so maybe there’s 4 more points I missed?

Since there’s 10 commandments, there’s also 7 gay connotations mebbe?

Cite?

FYI, it’s my habit to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so your assertion is just plain wrong, Guin; you have to say something explicitly homophobic before I’ll label you thus.

Just out of curiosity… lissener by your definition, what makes someone homophobic?

Didn’t we just have a multi-page thread about that?

From that trainwreck, I came to the conclusion that a homophobe is someone who doesn’t wholeheartedly and unconditionally agree with everything that lissener said.

by all means, save them! Can you imagine how slow the boards would be if all the lurkers started posting???:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ahh…I must have missed that one. I’ll go search for it.

Basically, what I was wondering is why so many people classify someone who doesn’t agree with them as a homophobe.

Maybe I’ll get some insight from searching for the thread. Thanks.

(cough) bullshit, bullshit (cough)

Gay Children of Homophobes Unite!

That’s a very small margin of “benefit of doubt” or you’ve just really gotten out of the habit.

Here, I’ll save you the trouble.

Homophobes can suck my dick.

Thanks lissener, maybe I should just quit the SDMB altogether

Both of them are classics :rolleyes:, and the basis for Guin’s and Jodi’s comments in this thread.

Needless to say, when he told me to “suck his dick” and when he asked me “if I swallow”, he didn’t exactly make me sympathetic to his cause. More apathetic, actually.

THen you didn’t read the thread very closely, Airman. Please find me a quote where I called someone a homophobe just for disagreeing with me. Previous such challenges have gone unmet, and even produced apologies. I await either a cite or an apology from you (neither of which I really expect).

The benefit of the doubt I give is that I don’t assume someone thinks that way until they demonstrate that they do.

You know, airman, I apologize myself, for enabling your hijack of this thread. Please take your shit to the pit and let this thread go on its way.

Sorry…Priam…I’m hijacking…

I really am not trying to fan the fire but I am curious…if someone thinks homosexuality is a sin then they are a homophobe IYO? Do you honestly think that, lissener?

I should take the fall for this one…I brought it up because I was honestly curious as to your definition. Airman just answered what I brought up.

My apologies…I’ll just go read the threads referenced.

But it isn’t just his cause, Airman. It’s my cause, too. Does your ire with Lissener mean that you do not now support rights for any gay people, including me? Support equal rights for gay people (or not) on the merit of the cause itself, not on the personality of one or two of its supporters.

Gobear, I hope you don’t honestly think that someone who would otherwise have supported gay rights would have his entire view on the subject be altered by one person? I mean, I’m flattered, but I know my voice is not THAT powerful.

Seems far more likely to me to be back-justified scapegoating; Airman will blame me because he doesn’t want to take responsibility for his own prejudices.