Geeky Things You Have Done: I'm Guilty

Everything I do is geeky. What’s the point of listing my routine? :slight_smile:

The latest geeky thing I’ve done was to produce an awards show for Transformers fans. If anyone can top that for geekiness, I’d like to see them try…

When I watch the Simpsons I like to put butter on mt feet sometimes, because it feels nice when my dog licks it off.

I do this during the Simpsons because that’s when I’m lying around barefoot on the couch.

And I think that the Descartes joke is very funny.

I sometimes wear socks and sandals too. It’s so comfortable. In my case it’s extra geeky because the sandals in question are Shimano SPD sandals (i.e. it has a metal cleat on the sole which latches onto special bicycle pedals). Which I use to ride a recumbent bike.

http://www.metrodemontreal.com

I win.

I own the LOTR calender. And the soundtrack. And I’ll buy the video as soon as it comes out. However, I’ve only seen it four times in the theatre… so far. It’s good, comparatively, at least for Tolkien geeks. And as I’ve said before in other threads, I help write a comic book. That’s pretty bad, isn’t it?
Oh, and I’m not sure if the is geeky or nerdy, but i like to memorise poetry, and I took Latin for fun.

I collect pieces of stranger’s clothing. Just little swatches. I display them in plastic holders.

And before you accuse me of being a psycho, let me explain that this is just the latest craze in sports cards–pieces of game worn jerseys, equipment, etc. actually embedded on the card.

I also have had dreams about video editing (it’s part of my major at school).

I voted for Ren Hoek and Stimpson J. Cat in the 1992 presidential elections.

Here’s my other entry. I had the following conversation.

Setup: Earlier that day, my friend C and I had gone to a small gaming convention in town, and I had bought a bunch of dice, because I really like dice. C. called me that evening and the following took place.

C: So what’s up?

Me: I’m embarassed to say what I’m doing, because it’s so geeky.

C: Come on, it can’t be that geeky.

Me: I’m upgrading to Windows 2000, and since it’s taking a while to do it, I’m passing the time by taking all my 20 sided dice and rolling them over and over to see which ones roll best.

C: That’s not too geeky, everyone does that.

Me: The way I’m doing it is by rolling them all and then removing the one that rolls the lowest, and re-rolling the reaminder until only one remains. It’s like a little contest.

C: That’s still not very geeky.

Me: For the purposes of this contest, I have named them.

C: Okay, you win.

So YOU’RE the culprit who took the knees and arse out my Levi’s!

Yes, and yes. I have a contact that will get it to him over in the UK. And the pictures will be available on my website in the next week or so. I’ll keep you posted.

If we limit it only to things we’ve done recently, a few of days ago I picked up a couple of books about chess. I’m a very bad casual player, and I’ve decided to study the game and get better (or at least not suck so badly). I’m already seeing some improvement. I’ve gone from embarrassingly incompetent to just incompetent.