George Allen, the time to stop lying has come. ("I don't need any n word ten")

Unfortunately, it is indeed expected to. To be fair though, there is a wide ranging debate about what the law will actually do. While I have no doubt that the people pushing the amendment are despicable liars who will immediately sue to try and take away benefits and challenge estate proceedings despite having claimed that the amendment doesn’t do that in order to get it passed, as they’ve done in other states… so far in those other states they seem to have failed.

He wouldn’t be our first.

Tris

The good news is that he did take an ethics course. The bad news is that it was taught by the former chief ethics officer of HP. :slight_smile:

Skimming through the back issues of the papers today, I saw an article about Allen and options, and I thought it was about Paul Allen.

So, if he broke a finance disclosure law, what then? Anything bad actually happen to him, or does he just say ‘my bad’?

Clearly, Allen should’ve called a spade a spade.

Well, his father benched Sonny Jurgenson in favor of Billy Kilmer, so it’s apparent that foolish behavior runs in the family.

Yet I won’t be a bit surprised if Virginians reelect this used car salesman.

Like most laws politicians make for themselves, not much bad happens at all.

So, did Allen totally dominate the debate tonight? CNN seems to report that he did.

My mom says that both were terrible. Allen was so stiltedly on talking points that he often didn’t even seem to have heard the questions he was asked. Webb was just plain uncharismatic, and gentlemanly passed up countless opportunities to stick it to Allen. A wash, and almost no one watched it to boot.

The real venue is Allen and his ads and direct mail, which are of course kicking Webb up and down the street in terms of sheer volume.