Get off my dick about not getting a vaccine yet (not anti-VAXX)

I’ll describe my experience, and you guys can decide if it counts as “max vaccination.”

I went to a clinic being held by my hospital in an unused section of a local college. When I arrived, I waited a bit outside the door until someone at the door said there was room to stand inside, and was asked if this was my first or second shot. Very soon after I was directed to one of many standing tables where they did intake, and I was given a number. Then I went and sat in a room with socially distanced chairs which were constantly being cleaned.

It took maybe a couple minutes before they called my number, and I was directed to another room with a bunch of long sit-down tables, each with a different tech at the end who would give the shot. I give them my paper, and they read it. They then had to check with the pharmacist on something (my reaction to the MMR shot back when I was a toddler) but said that didn’t matter and gave me the shot. It felt like when they draw blood, except it was over with really quickly. It was bandaged, and then they then wrote on the top how long I’d have to wait before I could leave.

Then I was directed to another room with chairs that were spaced, and, this time, we were all essentially assigned seating, with one nurse directing us to a seat. I waited the alotted time, and went up to a check out desk where they’d look at my paperwork once again and told me to come back at the same time four weeks from now. They then gave me a sticker and I left.

It definitely felt like I was part of some sort of vaccine assembly line. I can’s say I’ve had another experience like it. Due to my anxiety and trouble sleeping the night before, it was also a bit disorienting. But I got it done, and am ready to get the second shot–even if I am a bit anxious about the side effects.

That said, my side effects on this shot were minor: just a bit of soreness, my normal tiredness maybe being a bit worse, and eventually a knot-like bump under where the shot was that itched slightly for a bit. It really wasn’t much at all, to the point I wouldn’t have thought much of any of it even if I’d not gotten a shot.