Get off your cross, Giraffe

So, this doesn’t count toward Giraffe’s Pit total (as a mod)? Sweet!

Listen up, Giraffe, you can’t cheat your way to the top. You gotta sleep your way, just like samclem, tom~ and Frank.

Pssst: When the overwhelming response toward your Pit thread is directed at you, a wise person admits his error and asks for the thread to be closed. Kinda like when you find yourself in a hole, the best solution is not to continue digging.

You don’t understand! It’s the principle that’s at stake here! The principle!

This should be enshrined in Dope Lore as The lissener Rule. :smiley:

This thread belongs in MPSIMS.

I was thinking of exactly that recent thread, but there have been many others, too.

Don’t complain to the mods. I hear they whine too much and then play the victim.

If a head teacher and meat were involved, what principal would be at steak?

I’ll try. CS is the only forum designated for certain topics. The whole point of CS is to steer certain topics there. Even if sports goes to MPSIMS, that doesn’t make MPSIMS about sports.

No, he made his personal, non official, opinion on that subject fairly clear.

Not really. I found that his “It seems to me that Cafe Society would be a good place, although IMHO or MPSIMS could also work.” said that WAY fucking clearer.

Then I suggest you open a pit thread about THAT. You might find that there will be other posters on your side, since it may be a complaint with merit.

We’ve already tried to determine if they sink or swim, so why not go for this one too.

But by then it’s too late! When a pitting turns on the OP, the mods won’t close it at the request of the OP. (heh, heh Don’t ask me how I know that.) I’m not so sure that I agree with you anyway, John. If you still think you are right in pitting someone or something after considering the responses, you stand your ground until you are too tired to make sense anymore or until it’s just time to stop. Being out-numbered doesn’t make you wrong, but it should give you a lot to think about.

Ellis Dee, I think it is hilarious that you describe your comments as “bitching” – an adult sort of word, and you describe Giraffe’s explanations as “whining” – a childish attribute.

Just the opposite seems to be true. You are having a tantrum over absolutely nothing of consequence and Giraffe has resorted to sarcasm after reasonable answers did not meet up to your standards.

You need to unlax.

In GD it doesn’t make you wrong. In here it makes you look Pit-able yourself! You’re supposed to blow off steam here, not bottle up more of it.

I don’t “bottle up steam” when other people think I’m wrong. I’m fairly non-defensive about personal attacks on me. (Not always, but mostly. I do try to explain myself when I am misunderstood.) Anyway, I’m getting off topic. Sorry. How about if I say, “You win”? :smiley:

Esp. considering the whole “prehensile tongue” thing.

Found it! June 1972. Only, you know, with a longer bar for the neck.

Giraffe cried like a girl just because Ellis Dee’s outrage boiled over again?

Day-um, lad’s gotta toughen up some. Here we were all hoping he’d cut loose with those wicked kicks, just like on Wild Safari, or maybe at least take a dump on somebody’s head, what with his height advantage and all, but noooooo…

This is the single lamest mod Pitting in memory. Pitiful, just pitiful.

Should not that be Pitiful?

Certainly wasn’t Pithy.

Who would moderate it?

No need to get pithy about it.

[sing]“Isn’t it a pithy…”[/sing]