Getting in the last word-Final lines in movies

Forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown.

Not the last line.

I like the 1978 version of “Invasion of the Body Snatchers” last line better:

Not a movie but the closing monologue in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "In the Pale Moonlight was great:

" At oh-eight-hundred hours, station time… the Romulan Empire formally declared war against the Dominion. They’ve already struck fifteen bases along the Cardassian border. So, this is a huge victory for the good guys! This may even be the turning point of the entire war! There’s even a “Welcome to the Fight” party tonight in the wardroom!… So… I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover up the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But most damning of all… I think I can live with it… And if I had to do it all over again… I would. Garak was right about one thing – a guilty conscience is a small price to pay for the safety of the Alpha Quadrant. So I will learn to live with it…Because I can live with it…I can live with it. Computer – erase that entire personal log. "

“I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.” - The Shawshank Redemption

“No prisoners!” - Animal House

Right up there with the above quoted DS9 episode is one of TV’s greatest moments:

“Ivan? Did you see the sunrise this morning?”
“Yes. Why?”

“Gesundheit!”

“Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it” - Breaker Morant

You added an “A” at the end.

That was going to be my entry. Possibly tge best movie closing line ever.

I would really like to stick to the last lines of movies, please

It’s a crazy fuckin’ world.

From Animal Kingdom, but you really need to watch the movie to get the full impact of it.

That rings a bell but I can’t place it exactly. What movie ended with that line?

“Why don’t we just wait here a while. See what happens.”
The Thing

“Made it, Ma! Top of the world.”

White Heat

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead II: The College Years(1999), A Disney/Troma release.

From the original, ORIGINAL Magnificent Seven, i.e. Seven Samurai:

– In the end, we lost this battle too.
– What?
– I mean, the victory belongs to those peasants, not to us.

Mediocrities everywhere…I absolve you! I absolve you! I absolve you! I absolve you!

I absolve you!

“Let’s live here!..we’ll rent, to start.”