Best final line

A character’s final line, like just before they die. Not the last in a book or that stuff, the FINAL line.

Thorin for the win, but what others do you like/respect?

Field Marshall VonKluck, Dead Men Don’t Wear Plaid: “At least I got… Terre Haute…”

Serleena, from MIB2:
“Oops. Teeth.”

Butch Cassidy - “Oh, good. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.”

“You always were an asshole, Gorman.”

“Dogs aren’t dangerous!”

The Asian chick in Rambo: First Blood, Part II:

“I think you make good choice!”

I’ve always had a soft spot for:

"I’ve… seen things you people wouldn’t believe… Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears… in… rain. Time… to die…"

Blade Runner 1982

In real life I have been known to use “Gone… Like tears in the rain” myself.

TCMF-2L

“I would have followed you, my brother… my captain… my king.”

“I have been, and always shall be, your friend. Live long and prosper.”

“I’m afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I’m a… fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you’d like to hear it I can sing it for you.”

Sorry but there can be only one.

“Rollo Tomassi.”

Real Life: “Messy, isn’t it?” – Richard Brautigan’s suicide note

Classic Short story: “He did it solely to gain an appetite.” – Lord Dunsany, “Two Bottles of Relish”

The Hunt for Red October: " I would like to have seen Montana." - Vasili Borodin

Didn’t she get better?

Again from real life: My FIL’s (v.1.0) last words were, “Getting old sucks.”

Not what the OP is asking, but you win the thread anyway. :wink: If we were going in that direction, I’d add Roald Dahl’s last line for “Bitch”: “I don’t know who you are, young man, but you’ve done me a power of good.”

For the OP, I’ll go with the classics:

“Made it, Ma! Top of the world!” (White Heat)

“Mother of Mercy! Is this the end of Rico?” (Little Caesar)

“Rosebud”

Saying Calvin dies just after that seems like kind of a dark interpretation

It was Calvin’s FINAL line, the Op did say: "like just before they die. Not the last in a book or that stuff, the FINAL line"

It was a lot more final than the classic Spock line quoted Smapti. Which would have been the best final line if it was really his final line.

It was very sad.
:frowning:

“I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I…”

“If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.”

“What a world, what a world! Who ever thought a little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness?”