Gettysdope II pictures and recap

Oh good. I can’t wait. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but there’s a couple of shots of me and the kimchee in Cleophus’s photo set. :slight_smile:

Hi! My wife and I had a great time! Lots of new faces to match the names. My biggest frustration: I need to break down and get a hearing aid. I was having trouble catching conversations with all the background noise! I hate getting old! Grrrr.
Whoever brought the spinach and ramen noodle salad, my wife wants the recipe. She loved it! And danceswithcats, you make some GREAT chili!!! No bad side effects for me, just smiles from my taste buds.
How was the tour of the battlefields the next day?

My backside is correctly identified in the pic with danceswithcats but I’ve been incorrectly given credit for organizing. Calling me “Food Mod” was just an attempt to keep me from going all OCD on everybody. I organized nothing.

Hamadryad, Dances, my apologies. I didn’t mean any insult by it, and didn’t realize it was presumptious to assume there might be some drinking at a DopeFest.

If there was any drinking going on, I’m sure I would have noticed. Or helped. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sort of sorry that I missed it… looks like a good time was had by all.

At most, it isn’t presumptuous. However, at a picnic in a public park, with our kids?

Sorry, no pics uploaded yet, in fact they are still in the camera!

I worked yesterday, and today, and had some other things as well, so tonight is the best guess on when. But I will post them, and post a link here, I promise.

Tris

Not unheard of in these parts. Again, sorry for the drive-by snark, and it looks like everybody had fun!

Glad she liked it. Only wish your wife ate more…it would have saved me the trouble of having to eat all of the leftover.

Nutty Spinach Salad

Dressing:

3/4 Cup Salad Oil
1 teaspoon Accent
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper or Mrs. Dash
4 Tablespoons Sugar
6 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar (In the Chinese food section)

Mix together and chill until ready to serve.

Salad Mixture:

1 Pkg. Fresh Spinach (10 oz., tear into small pieces or use baby leaf)
1 Pkg. Cole Slaw Mix (16 oz.)
8 Green Onions, thinly Sliced
8 Tablespoons slivered Almonds
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
2 Pkgs. Ramen Noodles (Do not use the flavor packet from the noodles.)

Brown Almonds. When almost browned, add sesame seeds until lightly toasted. Cool completely.

Mix spinach, cole slaw, onions, cooled almonds/sesame seeds in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

When ready to serve, break up the noodles on top of the salad mixture. Pour dressing over the top and toss well.

Note: Do not put the noodles in until you are ready to serve. They will get soggy.

Sounds yummy. How come no one told me about it?

BTW – tris – You left a serving spoon with your potato salad – rock n roach took custody of it.

Everything else that got left either got scrounged by the cleaning crew or tossed. Many thanks to whoever provided that huge jar of salsa now in my fridge!

We left our styrofoam cooler, but that was because there was about half a field of corn in it. No big deal…the only place we ever use it is Gettysdope anyway! :slight_smile:

I had a great time myself, and wish I’d remembered to take some pictures. I apologize to anyone who tried to converse with me, though. My hearing hasn’t been that great lately and I’m sure I missed some conversational cues. My terseness wasn’t a reflection of the company, but a reflection of the fact that I couldn’t hear shit if you crapped in my ear…

rock n roach has your cooler also – we made her take the corn.

And you did fine in the conversation I had with you…

It’s one thing to take a photo like that just as a joke; it’s another thing to share it with the entire world - and that won’t be happening. So relax.

Phew! Thank you! :smiley:

You and me both, brother! I sat there at times and all I could hear was, “grrbll, grrbll,grrbll…”

That might have been someones stomach after eating the “hot” chili dances brought.

Good point. In fact, it may have been my stomach processing. Say dances, would you care to share the chili recipes? I am always ready for some new styles!

Hehe! Just so you know, btw, supervenusfreak absolutely loved Mrs. Maxx’s eggrolls. I think he had four his first time up. I’m most definitely not that adventurous culinarily…I waited for the grillin’ to commence before I had pretty much anything (I think I may have had a couple of cookies before the dogs and burgers came out).