Gingerbread boy comes out of oven. Baby in oven.

Here is a super loser of a father that got stoned and put his baby son in an oven. The oven was not turned on and the door was cracked so the baby is alright. It of course is not the man’s fault, because the marijuana had to have been laced. The booze he drank at home wasn’t his fault either. Article about the irresponsible son of a bitch.

At least it wasn’t in the microwave. :eek:

I don’t think that’s what they meant when they talked about having a bun in the oven.

Wow. The worst I ever did was putting leftover pizza box in the oven. Days later I turned on the oven to preheat it.

ETA: I took full blame. Drugs and alcohol were just along for the ride.

He’s worried that the marijuana he smoked might have been laced with something. So his solution was to go home and split a fifth of whiskey with his wife.

Yeah.

Good solution.

He screwed up big time. Unless the belly button went from inny to outty he took the kid out too soon.

It’s Comic Book Guy!

Story doesn’t say how the cops got involed.

Hopefully the mother called them. If he really did smoke marijuana that had been laced without his knowledge and he really was hallucinating and he really didn’t know what he was doing, I sortof feel bad for him as well as the child… I’m not saying he shouldn’t be in trouble, just saying if all those criteria are met… I sortof feel bad for him.

Does anyone know of a reliable cite that this is even likely? Anecdotal, sure, but I and my contacts who have had considerable exposure to cannabis and its culture would guess not.

“Lacing” cannabis would involve some cost to the lace-er. What would their motive be? The only times I have been told marijuana was “laced” it was from a dealer bragging about the potency and justifying increased cost.

They were hungry, but Piggly Wiggly had run out of baked babies?

Give the guy a break. He had the munchies.

He could always share his stash, there’s more than one way to make a baked baby.

And here I had always thought that having a “bun in the oven” was just a euphemism.

This is what I was going to say. I recall people talking about “laced” weed, and my reply was always the same: “What drug dealer isn’t going to charge you more if he’s adding something to your weed?”

What, you’ve never heard of someone pleading the fifth?

I’ve placed babies in ovens before (turned off of course!), but only for a few hours, and never while intoxicated. Babies do like being in the oven, and it’s a fine place to put them, as long as the oven is off and you are not intoxicated. Very irresponsible jackass in this case.

:confused: Seriously? This isn’t putting your cat in the sock drawer. This is a baby. In the oven. That’s as stupid as playing cops and robbers with an unloaded gun.

WTF

They tend to roll off the stove. :smack: The oven just makes more sense

My thoughts exactly. It’s a 1950s urban legend come to life! Except, luckily, the baby survived.

I think other outlets have reported that the guy called the cops himself. But I don’t know if that’s true.