Glee: 2.14 "Blame It on the Alcohol" (open spoilers)

I actually enjoyed this episode (I ignored the attempted murder), although I had to turn away when Sue was making her announcement.

And yeah, the ending was stupid, but Brittney’s dancing more than made up for it.

Colfer says they’re often a threesome in the “dinner, movies, New Years Eve” sense of the term. Could be a beard situation but whichever one he’s involved with it’s a cute couple.

This is the first time in a long time I voted “I loved it.”

They just nailed Don’t You Want Me. It’s nice of them to sing some older songs. One Bourban, One Scotch, and One Beer is one of my favorite songs and they did a pretty good job with it. It probably could have been better but I’m happy to see that type of song in there. Glee definitely needs more blues and country songs.

Every episode should have a scantly clad and dancing Brittany!

To me, the funniest thing in this episode was Rachel’s Stepford Wives style maxi dress. :smiley: It would have been behind the times even when her dads were her age, but I also totally bought it as the sort of thing this character would consider perfect for her “sophisticated” party.

Brittany was also sitting on a dryer. :o

I wondered why Rachel was surprised to see Kurt and Blaine, or why did Kurt have to nudge Finn into inviting him. You’d think Rachel would be glad to have him since their friends now plus it gives him a chance to see his other homies from McKinley.

I also got a kick out of “Santittany” and “Artcedes.”

liked the episode BUT…

nitpicking time:

• kurt has got to be the most insufferable kid ever to raise. ever.
  • the drinking may have been portrayed more accurate but the hangovers? yeah it’s painful but… people can keep it together better that.
  • the second that brittany started dating artie, wouldn’t the entire male population of that school stop thinking glee club is lame? then when quinn started dating bieber? then santana goes after bieber? sorry but girls > any social pressures, much less stunning, drop dead gorgeous girls. of course, the sexual converse is also true. after seeing puck go gonzo over mac attack, and finn racking up the sexual conquests in Glee club, wouldn’t hordes of girls be knocking down the doors to try out for glee? insane, i tell you. insane. heck, when my HS’s academic competition team won districts and got on the local NBC station we made noise and we didn’t have Brittany on the team. could you imagine if we did? criminy.

It’s been a consistent conceit of the series that no matter how many popular students join Glee, or how popular their assemblies are, Glee remains a loser club. When the entire football team joined for a week, they got slushied by the hockey team.

I was a bit stunned when Coach Bieste kissed William good-bye on the lips. I would have expected more of a forehead peck. And maybe it was my tv, but what in the heck were they drinking that they threw up grey stuff during the assembly???

Oreo crumbs?

rachel made a suicide out of what was left in her dad’s liquor cabinet. “it smells like cough syrup” “that’s because i put a little cough syrup in here.”

Thought it was a ahole bunch of alcohol, cookie crumbs, and cough syrup in grape Kool-Aid.

“Kitty Dukakis couldn’t be here on account of disinterest…”

I guess I was seeing purple stuff, rather than grey. Ick.

Purple Drank.

It looked metallic grey to me.

She mentioned some kool-ade. I figured it was grape.

Or maybe they just mixed up a batch of Flaming Moes.

I may have missed something, but it seemed like the surprise/hesitation was about Blaine’s presence rather than Kurt’s. Although at least a few of the McKinley kids have met Blaine before, he didn’t know any of them except Kurt very well and he is the captain of a rival glee club. But Blaine reassured Rachel that he was there for purely social reasons.

Incidentally, after the way things worked out with Jesse St. James it is a little surprising that Rachel would think it was a good idea to date ANOTHER rival glee club captain. One would think she’d be more suspicious of his true intentions, especially since she knew Blaine was openly gay. Then again, she’s a lonely girl, he’s a cute guy, and her experiments with alcohol may have been clouding her judgment.

I think it’s the latter. Besides Kurt is also in the rival glee club (granted she knows Kurt well enought not to suspect him of anything underhanded). Plus if Blaine had ulterior motives re Kurt I think they’d have done alot more than go out for coffee together by now. :wink:

No, I’m wondering why Rachel didn’t suspect that Blaine had ulterior motives towards HER, and was pretending to be interested in Rachel only as part of a sinister scheme to either spy on New Directions or sabotage her performance at regionals.