Glee: 2.16 "Original Song" (open spoilers)

I was glad they finally addressed “Blaine and the Pips”- I just don’t think any club would stand for that this long.

Kurt and Blaine’s kiss was sweet and innocent and surprisingly believable. Nowhere near as hot as their oral sex in the Starbuck’s men’s room scene in the episode where they met though.

And the human Star of David after the Jesus is My Friend number was a nice touch.

Did you notice “Jesus Is My Friend” ended with Aural Intensity forming a Star of David on the stage?

Also, according to the preview during the episode’s closing tag, we’re going to at least see the Vocal Adrenaline director again (the one who replaced Rachel’s mom/Idina Menzel … played by Cheyenne Jackson). Sue’s got him, Sandy Ryerson (ex-choir director) and Will’s ex-wife Terri all together in her quest against Will Shuester. Hijinks will doubtless ensue.

That would provide them with an excuse to do a big Bollywood-type number. Wasn’t Kurt’s character originally supposed to be an Indian-American boy who loved Bollywood musicals?

I assume Vocal Adrenoline’s absence will be explained when Jonathan Groff and Charice appear next month.

Griffin and Devine were such walk on cameos. I hated to see them wasted. Olivia Newton John and Josh Groban got better material. I did like Griffin’s little cross herself/salute gesture, though I think Tea Party members are overwhelmingly Protestant aren’t they?

I think so, and it bugged me a little when I saw it. If they’re going to make fun of the teabaggers, I wish they’d do a better job of it.

Speaking of teenagers singing original songs, have any of you seen this viral music video by a girl named Rebecca Black? It was apparently posted about a month ago and has gotten really big in the last couple of weeks. It now has over 9.7 million views on youtube. :eek:

It’s slightly better than “My Headband” but both songs share a certain literal sensibility. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously, it really does remind me of this week’s *Glee *original songs with their hilariously bad lyrics. If you squint just right, this girl could look kinda like Rachel Berry. Too bad she can’t sing like her.

Warning: If you listen to the whole song, it could get stuck in your head for awhile. It’s a bit earwormy.

Yeah, but I don’t think all those views are from people who think it’s good.

Unless you subscribe to the view, that I do, that the song is actually insanely deep and is about the existential crisis of a young girl who isn’t even sure what life is and whether she’s living it.

Sometimes I think you’re watching a different show than the rest of us. :smiley:

I absolutely laughed my ass off when they did Jesus is a Friend of Mine.

My thought was that maybe the last minute changes cause Kurt or Blaine to get blamed for the Warbler’s loss. Seems a bit out character for the group, but it could be an opportunity to keep the characters while sending them both back to McKinley. God willing it could also finally put an end to the worn out “Zeis-erman” story arc.

Oh, undoubtedly it’s being spread largely by people saying “Look how bad this is!” Like me. :slight_smile:

*Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today is Friday, Friday
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes afterwards*
My god, you’re right!

There was no Kurt character, originally. He auditioned for Artie, which he didn’t get, obviously, but Ryan liked him so much that he created the character specifically for him.

Well, he is half Filipino, so there’s a good chance he speaks…

Oh, sorry. Tag along.

Good eye on Ryan Murphy’s part as he became the breakout character.

Chris Colfer is very unusual in that sometimes he looks grown, sometimes he looks 12, sometimes he’s sexy, sometimes he’s homely, and he’s as femine as you can get voicewise yet not really effeminate. It’s probably the uniqueness that makes him a star. It will be interesting to see what he does after or in addition to GLEE.

For some reason depressed Sue’s lament “Sweet Porcelain…” was just hysterical to me.

Here is it: Someone is putting their English degree to good use while not having a job.

:smiley:

Trouty Mouth’s lyrics:

Guppy face Trouty mouth
Is that how people’s lips look like from where you come from in the south?
Grouper Mouth, Froggy lips
I love sucking on those salamander lips
If you tried hard enough you can suck a baby’s head"

I think this was one of the better recent episodes, and I’m so glad Kurt finally got some action. :wink: I sort of wish everything had been spread out over two episodes instead, though. The writing of new songs, Kurt/Blaine, AND regionals was a lot for one episode, and it all seemed a bit rushed. We didn’t even get to find out if the Warblers came in second or third!

I loved that Brittany’s favorite song was “My Headband”…possibly the first song Brittany has ever really understood.

Rumor has it that Karofsky has a solo coming up in a couple of weeks, so I’m guessing that he’s going to stop being a threat to Kurt and Kurt will return to McKinley in time to join New Directions at nationals. With luck he’ll be able to convince the girls not to wear those awful leggings under their dresses again…although I suppose it’s possible I’m just in denial about this being a perfectly on-trend look.

Ah, that’s the one. By the way, who keeps stealing words out of my posts? I swear I mean to type them and they just go AWOL. :confused: :slight_smile:

I want to watch SAMPIRO’S show - it sounds hot!

That song was totally groovy.

Is it just me, or does he look like he never got his adult teeth? I think those little teeth contribute to his looking like a 12 year old sometimes.

Hadn’t thought of it, but now that you mention it…

Cannot be unseen!!! Sorry 'bout that.