Go felch yourself, TruthSeeker

Monty - the post you’re complaining about doesn’t earn a pit thread IMHO, especially since you were being snippy yourself (again MHO). His (guessing on gender) response was done in an amusing way. To take him on 'cause of it (or any implication resulting from it) doesn’t do well for you. You just finally managed to bury the hatchet w/ another poster, do you really have a deep abiding need to start another quest this soon?

Willy - contrary to your opinion, not everything is about you. not everybody is interested in you. So far, you’re a minor annoyance, if you’re really aspiring to a place in the hallowed halls of SDMB Lore (along with JDT, the Rosie Crew etc.) you’ll have to stay in your appointed threads and keep on topic. otherwise, you’ll merely be still known as ‘another annoying poster’ [sup]tm[/sup].

you may now return to your thread, already in progress.

Will, you do realize there is a difference between being anal and being an asshole, no?

monty, it took me a little over a year to learn it, and it was a painful process that I’m now in therapy to deal with but I think it’s a valuable lesson that a lot of dopers could stand to learn:

Just because we CAN take anyone on the boards to the PIT doesn’t mean we HAVE to take anyone on the boards to the PIT

Let’s all breathe out the hate, whattya say?

jar

See truthseeker. See truthseeker be funny. Laugh TS, laugh. See Monty. See Monty be in pain. Why Monty, whats wrong? Monty has a bug up his butt, thats whats wrong! Relax, Monty, relax. We love you.

This post sponsored by the Truthseekerisfunny Foundation.

Jar & vanilla:

Let’s see how you guys react when you hear that your native language “ain’t really a language” for about the 40th BILLIONTH time!

Okay, you had a good reason.
But it just seemed funny to me.
Lets have more see spot run stuff here.
Fenris should be a natural at that!

Brought to you by the Montyisnice Association

Or even that a different language than that is “really your native language.”

Sometimes, one gets just about fed up with such comments and the attitudes which produce them.

FTR, I don’t really expect TS to felch himself. But I do expect him to quit gainsaying the answers to the questions.

Thanks, btw, vanilla.

What is your native language?

doubleposts!!!

Sign Language, learned in Tennessee. When I moved with my family from there to Virginia, the Old Dominion’s legendary enlightened status came to the fore whenever I attempted to converse in said language–I was physically punished in school. Great thing.

I wondered back then how someone could think their language is so great if they had to force people to learn it with corporal punishment. Turns out that it had nothing to do with the “system” thinking the lingo was cool, but rather that “there’s something wrong with that thar boy; shee-aht, he’s waving his hands in the air.” Fucking bigots.

Yet another reason I despise being in areas controlled by the freaked out Fundamentalists. The non-freaked out type I’ve no problem with.

OBSTINATE? OBSTINATE!? For obstinate I get a pit thread? That’s it? My magnum opus of invective gets me “obstinate?” Great Googly Moogly! I’m going to have to sign up for a Collounsbury correspondence course or something.

If that’s the standard, there won’t be anything else in the Pit. Go open any two random mid-east threads in GD and you’ll have enough material to do nothing but open Pit threads for the rest of the week.

C’mon, Monty, lighten up! You were supposed to laugh, not pop a gasket.

Well, I did lighten up, didn’t I? I even started a GD thread discussing the stuff you brought up.

As for being called name: “bad.” I’m not bad. It was a straw; but in this case, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Please see vanilla’s post above.

Oh, and for the love of whatever you hold dear and/or holy, PLEASE don’t sign up for a Collounsbury course!

Heh.
Truthseeker watches Maggie & the Ferocious Beast!:o

Correspondence course?

In what, my particular idiom?