God listens............ TO SLAYER!!!!!

Was this before, after, or during the time when Glen Benton would call into Bob’s show and taunt him? I swear, I think those two were in cahoots.
“I"m gonna get you, Bob!” (Benton in growling voice)
“This is the darkest day in my ministry…I need a $500 champion to call in right now!!” (Bob, sounding desperate)

Around the same time.

In the early 1990s, Bob’s marriage broke up, and that, combined with the election of Bill Clinton, caused him to totally go off the rails. Man, he sure didn’t like Clinton.

I still have a cassette tape somewhere that’s a compilation of some of his more outrageous moments; I had a job where I listened to his show on a small ghetto blaster with headphones. Do you also remember the Tina Chopp people?

Slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

(no all-uppercase?!? that’s how I typed it!!!)

Dude?!?
Why can’t I type IN ALL CAPS???
Is that some kinda Satanic stigmata?

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

(yeah, that’s what i wrote – in all-caps)

Okay, I guess I can.
Nevermind.

(Wait – that’s Nirvana!)

Dude, you have joined the SDMB to make a very important point.

We appreciate your contributions to our cultural knowledge. It embiggens us all.

By the way, do you know a guy who goes by the last name of Kapowzler?

Ah Slayer, I remember as a disturbed teen listening to Slayer on Sunday mornings while watching muted televangelists sermons on the TV. (Weed was involved)

(BTW, is this thread stuck in some sort of time continuum loop from 25 years ago?)

Yes, but the movie one, not the TV show one. He is old school like that.

Somehow, I don’t find it surprising at all that Lemmy listens to Slayer.

For those of you who don’t know, Jeff Hanneman died almost a year ago.

He’s kind of like Superman in Superman Returns.

Wow tomorrow is a year for Hanneman’s death.

OP…at least link to the joke you’re making

God Listens To Slayer

a-HA!

Carry on.

No no no no no! SLAYER!

::facepalm::

:wink:

If you want to bother WordMan you’ll have to Take on me, first! And also, you’ll… alright that’s the only one I know.

Hippies invade South Park.
Watch how Cartman drives them away.

(I hope this isn’t censored by the moderators.) :slight_smile:

Well, they did spend the rest of their career hunting high and low for another hit.

“This is killing my buzz!”

Too funny. Actually, for what it is worth, a-ha stayed really big outside the U.S. They filled 10,000 seat venues up until they broke up a few years ago. A friend of mine did some producing work for them around 2008 and was struck by how well off they were.

Don’t think they’re death metal though. I excepted more accuracy from a sociopathic racist 8 year old.