Jews are also perceived as being not all that different from Christians; both hold the Old Testament as sacred. Not so for Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, etc.
[QUOTE=Captain Carrot]
Jews are also perceived as being not all that different from Christians;
[/quote]
Certainly true.
May not be true for Hindus, Buddhists, atheists, etc. ( though some individual Buddhists might disagree with that as well ). But it is true for Muslims. Granted they believe the Qur’an supercedes any point on which the two documents seem to disagree, but otherwise they accept the Old and New Testament as holy text. And unlike Jews, Muslims agree that Jesus was a prophet of God ;).
- Tamerlane
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
What differentiates Dems from Pubs in their treatment of religion?
[/QUOTE]
The same thing that distinguishes cowardice from zeal.
RickJay, thanks for the laugh with the fly-on-the-wall reporting of the exploratory group. 
[QUOTE=levdrakon]
But as soon as a Democrat says this, Republicans will accuse them of trying to kill God.
Hence, the walking on glass that Democrats do.
[/QUOTE]
Some of those wingnuts are so touchy and emotionally primed on the subject, they’ll troll for conflict on the topic by bringing it up in completely irrelevant threads.
[QUOTE=Hentor the Barbarian]
Some of those wingnuts are so touchy and emotionally primed on the subject, they’ll troll for conflict on the topic by bringing it up in completely irrelevant threads.
[/QUOTE]
And some are so touchy and emotionally primed they’ll look for it in any and all threads.
[QUOTE=Cisco]
From TFA:
Two-hundred and thirty-one years after our country is founded, a black guy and a woman decide to run in the same election and it’s “the most diverse political field ever.” I almost laughed out loud when I read that. Almost.
[/QUOTE]
When you add New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson, an Hispanic to the mix, it doesn’t seem like such a laughable statement any more.
Hey Dio since we’re settling old bets…
The only question is: do I merit another thread or just a reply in this one?
[QUOTE=pilot141]
Hey Dio since we’re settling old bets…
The only question is: do I merit another thread or just a reply in this one?
[/QUOTE]
A new thread just for you. ![]()
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
A new thread just for you. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
So, who ya calling in the Super Bowl? I have a few bucks to bet the other way. ![]()
[QUOTE=duffer]
So, who ya calling in the Super Bowl? I have a few bucks to bet the other way. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
I’m not an idiot. I really have no idea this year. I have a soft spot for the Saints but any of the remaining four teams could get the ring. I’m not touching this with a ten foot pole.
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
I’m not an idiot. I really have no idea this year. I have a soft spot for the Saints but any of the remaining four teams could get the ring. I’m not touching this with a ten foot pole.
[/QUOTE]
I know you’re not an idiot. I was just hoping 20/1/07 would be the day you can point to as going 3-0. ![]()
You know I like you, Dio, but I never understood why you made that bet. I can’t imagine anything in the world that would have stopped Hillary from trying for the nomination - at least part of the party leadership is still loyal to the Clintons.
[QUOTE=Diogenes the Cynic]
At the time, all the TALK about it was coming only from the right and HRC had never once expressed a desire to run.
[/QUOTE]
Bullshit. You are out of touch with reality, dude. Almost all the talking heads, left or right, said she’d probably run.