Good Behavior on TNT

The new series Good Behavior went onto my must-watch list just a few minutes into the first episode. It’s the best thing I’ve seen on TV since Fargo. I almost didn’t watch this because I was sick and tired of Lady Mary Crawley from Downton Abbey (Michelle Dockery). The character played by Dockery here is a helluva long way from Lady Mary: she’s a junkie con artist embroiled in one dangerous situation after another. I can’t wait for the next installment.

Watched the first ep, which had some good tension, but her constant emoting is grating. The story line was completely predictable and required some serious suspension of belief, which is okay as long as it doesn’t become a constant thing. Overall, it’s worth continued watching for a few episodes to see if it evens out.

I’m loving it. I think the writing is good, the characters are good and I’m drawn into it. Doesn’t hurt that Juan Diego Botto is some nice eye candy. (What is it about a slim guy with an interesting nose? Hooks me in Every. Single. Time.)