Good lord being girly takes a lot of time...

Lets see here. I decided I wanted to perk up my hair so I did a little temporary colour rinse - 35 mintues.

Ooops - looks like a need a quick bang trim - 10 minutes.

Guess I better do my nails - both hands and feet - 20 minutes, plus at least 10 minutes drying time.

What am I going to wear to the office tomorow - closet sorting - 10 minutes.

Ok, I’ve decided on an outfit - lets get the matching accesories together now, because you know you’re kinda useless in the morning - 7 minutes

Ooops - a quick polish on the shoes - 4 minutes.

CHEESE & RICE Who are you? Groucho Marks? Eyebrow tidy up - 6 minutes.

Humm - complexion looking a tad dry, I guess I need a moisture mask - 12 minutes.

These heels are looking kinda rough - smooth them out and moisturize - 6 minutes.

Man - I’ve just spent 120 minutes on grooming, and I’m just GOING TO BED!!.

Oh well. I like it. My SO likes it. My mom likes it (she approves of women that are well groomed). I guess I’ll just have to live with it.

:smiley:

Amen.

For the record, I don’t paint my finger or toenails – they’re usually cropped as short as possible and the hands are covered in ink, frame fill, paint and Dog knows what else.

But I totally understand the other stuff. That’s why I quit dying my hair and let it grow out of the high-maintenance haircut. SO likes it better this way anyway, so it’s all good.

For what it’s worth, a well-groomed woman brings joy to the hearts of many. For me, at least, it is very nice seeing a woman who is “perfectly” groomed.

“Perfectly” may be over stating it a tad.

I’d be willing to concede “very well” groomed or even “immaculately” groomed, but “perfectly” is just asking for a run in your panty-hose…

:smiley:

Um. I combed my hair yesterday, and then I washed paint off of me before I went to bed. I was thinking of shaving my legs sometime before June…

Being at home instead of working outside the home sure makes a big difference.

You are way more motivated than me, Ginger. It’s a holiday weekend–I don’t think I’ve combed my hair since Friday.

And let’s not talk about my legs. They don’t need a shave. They need a mow.

I shaved Friday, only because I planned to spend some time by the pool this weekend. I did, so it wasn’t a wasted effort or anything.

Of course, that was breaking my once a week rule. And I’ll have to shave again today or tomorrow since I’ll need to wear a skirt at least one day this week. Darn.

The thing is, for me at least, you can’t see the hair on my legs. It is very blonde. It’s there, and I’ll have a weird aura of fuzz around my legs if you see me back-lit, but you can’t see it looking directly. I wear shorts and skirts as long as humanly possible, so this is a very, very good thing. Dave doesn’t complain, also a very, very good thing. If he ever did, I would go on shaving strike. I’m thisclose to doing that anyway, because I have overly sensitive skin and if I hold the razor at the wrong angle, I’ll break out in nasty bumps. Nair and Neet cause allergic reactions, and waxing is too painful and expensive. Been there, done that.

Now if I could only find myself a proper razor here, I’d be all set.

I’ve always wondered why more women didn’t simply bleach their leg fuzz occasionally. As you (Ginger) say, it becomes invisible that way; and then you don’t have to do the razor thing.

::mm, soft pale female leg furs:: :slight_smile:

Personally, I favour the Venus.

Excellent jog - these gams are SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH :slight_smile:

Personally, I favour the Venus.

Excellent job - these gams are SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH :slight_smile:

Wow. Apparently I REALLY like it…

You know, I’ve been using a man’s razor (Atra? something like that) for years now, and I’m positive that they make man stuff better than woman stuff. I’m thinking about trading my 10 yo razor in for one of the flashy new ones with the lubricating strip on both sides and three blades.

As for the girly stuff, since I’m a natural brunette with lots of thick, dark hair, I spend most of my girly time on hair dying, bleaching, plucking, waxing, and shaving. Once I’ve altered just about every hair on my body, I have no time or energy left for much other girly stuff.

(What I don’t understand is someone with blonde leg hair shaving it off. If my leg hair was virtually invisible, I would sing a choir of praise and just leave it there to get long and tangled. :D)

I might spend an hour a week on grooming, tops, if you count the time it takes me to wash and condition my hair twice a week (sometimes less!).

I don’t shave the legs and I don’t wear makeup. I don’t wear fingernail or toenail polish. I put on moisturizer every day, though. My hair is very long and I plan on keeping it that way. I can braid it, wear it down, or put it in a bun or a ponytail.

Cross over to my side, you’ll love it.

See, I don’t really have a “natural” type thing going on.

I have a pretty high maintenance personality (Ok, fine - I’m bitchy), I figure the least I can do is have the high maintenance grooming to match.

However, I do leave the house with no make-up on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don’t “Do” my hair - it’s to the middle of my back and naturally curly, so if I wash it and just let it dry it looks pretty decent. I don’t ALWAYS match my nail polish to what I’m wearing - sometimes I just wear a natural color for a day or two. If I was sleeping, and someone phoned, I could be ready to go in about 20 minutes, pretty much fully groomed.

What I’m trying to say is that I’ve got some grooming habits, but I don’t think I’m a junky.

Oh - and I never go out to a club and then spend half the night in the rest room fixing my hair. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Al.

See, I don’t really have a “natural” type thing going on.

I have a pretty high maintenance personality (Ok, fine - I’m bitchy), I figure the least I can do is have the high maintenance grooming to match.

However, I do leave the house with no make-up on a fairly regular basis. Sometimes I don’t “Do” my hair - it’s to the middle of my back and naturally curly, so if I wash it and just let it dry it looks pretty decent. I don’t ALWAYS match my nail polish to what I’m wearing - sometimes I just wear a natural color for a day or two. If I was sleeping, and someone phoned, I could be ready to go in about 20 minutes, pretty much fully groomed.

What I’m trying to say is that I’ve got some grooming habits, but I don’t think I’m a junky.

Oh - and I never go out to a club and then spend half the night in the rest room fixing my hair. :rolleyes: :smiley:

Al.

I’m about as low maintenance as a clothed person can get. Apart from the basic stuff like shower, shampoo, and brushing my teeth, I do nothing. Well, I’ll scrape a razor over my pits and legs when they bother me - 3-4 times a year, I’m guessing. No makeup, no nail polish, no coif, no accessorizing, no perfume, no plucking.

Less time primping, more time enjoying myself!

True, true. But some of us actually enjoy the primping, so it’s like killing two birds with one stone. :slight_smile:

I love it when my sweet angel “does herself up.” She’s very, very gorgeous naturally, but feels the need to get primpy anyway. She always looks great when we go out. Some of us fellows do appreciate all the hard work you goddesses put yourselves through!

Even if we think you look just as great at 6:30 AM…

So, um, what’s the Venus? It sounds kinda like it vibrates or something. I must know!!!

It’s a razor dude. Think: Girly Version of the Mach III