Google yourself.

I’m a publicist or something for Adobe. I also show up as myself once or twice, on my company’s webpage listing contacts.

Yawn.

Twiddle

Hmm -

I’m

• a preacher - and a pretty tiresome one that. :frowning:

• a professor in Australia

• a dead person (19th century) in England

• an university lecturer in England

• another academic in Australia

Hmm - seems I should have been an academic, then. I wonder what went wrong.

AHA but I also get to be a librarian at a university in the USA - yep, tht would be fine. :slight_smile:

Then I got bored with me, and stopped.

I’d be surprised to find the real me, so to speak, as I am pretty sure I have never posted my real name on the web.

did this a while ago. and what i found was too funny.

me1

me2

nothing nasty. its just plain niiiice!
:smiley:

Best way to do this is to use http://www.googlism.com

Googling my name does actually bring up a page about me, or rather, a page about my cars. It’s a profile page in a car club I’m a member of.

4th result

Even more amusing is when I do a google image search for my own full name and get a picture of a pile of amphetamines. Really, I had no idea. twitch twitch twitch

About 2500 hits on my real name, mostly at recipe archive sites which have picked up my postings on the FIDO Cooking Echo, but also a few listings for pages at my pathetic little website.

OooOoh I’d forgotten about googlism.com! That has provided me with hours of amusement in the past!!!

Some things you maybe didn’t know about “me”:

katherine is often overlooked by visiting anglers
katherine is inexperienced when it comes to social and sexual relationships
katherine is a popular stop for travellers from queensland
katherine is not prepared for the passionate and magical encounter that will haunt her for the years to come
katherine is nowhere near five foot six
therine is a freak and she delights in such an adjective

I find the article on atheism that I was interviewed for. An ABC news guy got my name off of another site, e-mailed me and asked if he could interview me about being an atheist in America.

There was some buzz around here at the time, because other dopers heard about the article coming up after Michael Shermer was interviewed, and some other Dopers were vying to be interviewed.

45 mins of questions and I’m a blurb:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/atheists021031.html

Wow, what a life I lead! I never knew I did so many things or had so many achievements!

First off, I’m apparently a big sports fan according to the first hit (in reality I am not at all interested in most sports). I must be married since I am mentioned as someone’s husband (i’m actually single.

I’m also:
[ul]
[li]a home mortgage officer[/li][li]a freshman from Fort Wayne, Indiana[/li][li]a director of some mission[/li][li]a rapist :eek:[/li][li]a BA degree holder from Dartmouth[/li][li]a priest in Wisconsin[/li][li]a Golomb Prize winner (something to do with mathematics), which I earned while attending Purdue[/li][li]a race car driver[/li][li]A lead guitarist for some band[/li][li]a male model[/li][li]a radiologist at the University of Iowa[/li][li]a maintenance manager[/li][li]the person in charge of advertising sales for some magazine[/li][li] the Head of the Department of English at a private school [/li][/ul]

FTR, I got 698 hits on my name, not as many as I expected, though.

My maiden name yields nothing. My married name is far too common, so I get a lot of stuff not related to me. Apparently I share my name with a sci-fi author.

All the FairyChatMom hits are me. big surprise.

My brother is a bit of a big shot - he’s got a lot of hits. I now know what his salary is. The boy does OK for himself!

My SD screenname is too common to make sense of the hits.

My E-mail returns a wargame I was involved with and (get this) some sort of meta-discussion about spam that was going on in England circa 1996. I’ve never been to England nor participate in English mail groups, nor did I participate in that discussion, apparently I was cc’ed on the spam, thus the inclusion. Wazzup with that?

My real name reveals I’m a professor in Georgia! (While simultaneously being a programmer in Florida, how’d I pull that off?!!)

My real name gives 1210 hits, almost all not me. My names’ pretty common, there’s a football player in the nfl and some other stuff, but I didn’t look at all of it. I’m also a guitarist, but most of the hits are that Nfl dude and they all seem to list his draft order, must have been a dud after being drafted.

My email gives three hits all from one same site.

I’ve died several times and have numerous great grandchildren.

As to the real me, six articles I have published are referenced, as well as a PhD thesis that cites an equation from one of my articles.

My name yields more than a dozen hits from a guy who’s involved with writing and implementing papers on school district technologies. And I also show up in a promotional ad for a nationwide student administration program.

Which is good, 'cause that’s me in all of those hits. It’s nice to know that I am who I think I am. :wink:

my name only brings up genealogies :smack:

my boyfriend has a unisex-ish name and his brings up some muscly blonde surfer-girl!!

we all still laugh over that one :smiley:

My real name brings up a couple of guestbook entries and an Albany attorney with the same name as me.

I get the reference to me from the Department’s Who’s Who, and the Group’s Who’s Who. Information about a workshop for hgih school kids I ran last year, and information about a conference I attended. Oddly enough, my homepage doesn’t come up…

If I search my name without quotation marks then I get a bunch of stuff related to trout fishing.

With the quotation marks… well, my mother just got in trouble. Apparently she signed a guestbook using my name and then turned around and signed it using hers. Why she would do that, I don’t know.

Well lets see. I am a very famous dead rock star. I am a millionaire and pilot, hold a world record in ballooning, and I have PhD’s in high energy physics, Environmental Sciences, Petroleum Geology(Where I chair the department) and Computer Sciences. I am a college football player, starting both at quarterback and outside linebacker. I make fine wooden furniture and own an airplane sales business. I am a motivational speaker, an agribusiness consultant and an artist. I am a published author in fields as diverse as children’s books, programming, poetry, and social biology. I am a retired branch Director of Intelligence Analysis for the British Government and a motorsports commentator and voice-over actor. I have been on the PGA tour, function as Senior VP and Regional Director for a communications company and am General Council for the US Department of Education.

I am a concert percussionist, a father of three, and have my own fan club and message boards. I minister to youths for the Baptist Church. I teach Spanish, own a commodity chemical business, work as a Director of Communications at a small college and am a Tap Dancer of some repute.

And on weekends I do cross-stitch.