Got a SDMB problem? List it here.

1. For posts made by a user that’s on your ignore list, the box that appears in a thread in place of the ignored post sticks out wider than the regular posts.

2. If you’ve chosen to allow emails from other users, your email address shows up in your profile. The option text doesn’t make it clear that your email address would be displayed – I was under the impression that your email address was still private on the old software with the board sending the email rather than providing your address to other people. If I’m misremembering this, sorry. I might be thinking of other forums that provide a distinction between revealing your email address and allowing people to email you via the board.

3. If you visit someone’s profile to stick them on your ignore list, you get added to the list of recent visitors. Considering that there’s already a rule against revealing your ignore list (in the spirit of reducing drama), it might be a good idea to turn off this feature.

Viewing preferences for threads will not stay set and default to 2 days, but (so far) only in GQ.

I’m on a PC at work, no idea what version of IE is running but I wager it’s at least a few iterations out of date.

ETA: Spoke too soon. All fora now defaulting to 2 days.

Previously, there was a link that said something like “email this user.” If yo clicked the link, you’d get a mailto: link with their email address.

Win XP SP2 with IE7.

The quick reply built into both the leave a message on a user page and the new Social groups does not work for me.

Also some questions:

What is **Visitor Messaging **as opposed to Private messaging?

Will the **Use Invisible Mode **feature remain available to users?

I miss the Quick Reply – it would be nice if we can have it back.

More of a question than a problem – I understand that the “Contacts & Friends” screen replaces the old “Buddy List.” The Buddy List had a nice feature, that you could see whether your “buddies” were on line or not (if they allowed it.) This appears to no longer exist? Also, the option to PM a subset of the Buddy List?

**Erasmus **-- IANAM, but I distinctly remember that the old software gave your email to paying members who clicked on the link in your profile – if you enabled it.
**Tuba **-- I agree there may be an issue with allowing everybody access to one’s email address, now that everyone who registers has full privileges forever…?

I think somehow the lack of a working quick reply is tied into the Contacts and Friends not quite working correctly and the user Leave a message and Group messages not working. The Go Advance button also appears to not be working. I am see some script errors on the page. I am seeing a thread mode undefined and a syntax error.

1. Slow, slow, slow
  2. Can’t search(and yeah, I saw the sticky, but being able to search is important)
  3. No quick reply button.

I expect I’ll be told to be patient. As if we haven’t heard that for several months now.

Lots of server timeouts, database errors, slow loading.

Buttons in the Reply to Topic interface change width when I mouse over them.

No Quick Reply.

Been exploring- if you go to “Your Profile” under User CP, and click on the “Friends” tab, it appears to list all your friends with their online status button alongside.

Ah. My mistake. I must be confusing it with some other site where the link was a webform that didn’t expose the recipient’s email address to the sender.

I believe the visitor messages are viewable by anyone who visits the recipient’s profile. I suspect the feature was inspired by social networking sites.

Thanks that works nicely.

It only shows those that you have made friends with though in the software version of the board, not everyone that was on your friends list.

True- your old Buddy list you could just put people on- the new list requires confirmation- as you said, similar to social networking boards.

I joined a new group and went to post a message, but nothing, no post…just says *error on page *at the bottom.
I tried both “Post Message” and “Go Advanced”

Using Internet Explorer Version 6

Also, not that this is news… the board is insanely slow.

On the registration page, there’s still no human verification (captcha, REcaptcha or question and answer verification) of any sort. This only makes the jobs of the moderators much harder; the doors of the SDMB are still wide open to the ongoing spambot invasion.

On the registration page, there’s still no human verification (captcha, REcaptcha or question and answer verification) of any sort. This only makes the jobs of the moderators much harder; the doors of the SDMB are still wide open to the ongoing spambot invasion.

Awful slow, lots of timeouts, no Quick Reply.

Too bad about the search.

Here’s hoping for future improvement.

Regards,
Shodan

In addition to extreme slowness, the board pages frequently load as blank.

It seems like the new server is totally swamped.

My “Is Sarah Palin a Major Turning Point for McCain?” thread on GD has something odd going on. It’s listed on the main GD thread as having 0 replies, but I clearly see TWO posts in it.

Of course, both are mine, and one was submitted right when there was a huge timeout, so that may be part of it…

Dunno if this is happening for anyone else but when I go to a person’s profile and try to leave a comment on it, it doesn’t do anything and using the “Go Advanced” button makes it appear as if the user doesn’t exist.