Gota Riddle?

As a lover of riddles Im always looking for new innovative word puzzles. So I put it to the teaming million’s gota new riddle? Ill start you off with the first one try to think outside the box.

Why are 1988 penny’s more valuable than 1983 penny’s?

It’s easer to get forgiveness than to get permission.

Simple

Because 1988 pennies are worth $19.88 and 1983 pennies are only worth $19.83

I wonder if anyone has the balls to put the “-gry” riddle on here.

Not angry and hungry,
Louie

What goes up the chimney down, but not down the chimney up?

HOW TALL IS AN INDIAN.

Dawnbird–an umbrella.

Why are 1988 penny’s more valuable than 1983 penny’s?

Sorry to be a dick about this but it’ll really bother me If I don’t say anything. The joke says 1988 penny’s and 1983 penny’s not 1988 PENNIES and 1983 PENNIES

Formerly known as Nec3f on the AOL SDMB

This should probably go to the MPSIMS board.

Bill, Yes.

Joey your wrong, the queston is

" why are 1,988 penny’s worth more then 1,983 penny’s? when you look at it that way it makes a lot of… cents :slight_smile:

no matter where you go…there you are

A guy leaves his cabin to go hunting. He walks 10 miles south. He turns and walks 5 miles east. He shoots a bear. He then walks 10 miles north back to his cabin. What is the color of the bear?

The bear is white. He’s at the north pole

this dude is driving a truck with the words BLIND MAN all over the truck. how is this possible?

Life is like a box of chocolate, melts in your mouth not in your hands

Where do you eat toaster waffles at the beach?
Peace,
mangeorge

Work like you don’t need the money…
Love like you’ve never been hurt…
Dance like nobody’s watching! …Unknown

Because he sells window blinds.

He sells window blinds.
Mac posted

Glossing over the redundancy (as if there were old innovations :slight_smile: ), Mac asked for new puzzles. The ones posted so far are older than I am. Listen, people, if you’ve heard these before, they ain’t new, and we already know the answer.

But don’t move this thread yet. Hey, just bear with me and quizical Mac. Here is a new one I made up. I have posted it on rec.puzzles about three years ago, so, it’s possible someone here may have seen it already:

Come up with an eight word sentence that uses each part of speech once. It has to be a valid, grammatically correct sentence.

Some of the rought spots to look out for:

1. Be careful not to take a word usually associated with one part of speech and use it for another part but then count it for its usual part. For example, words usually used as prepositions can become adverbs when used by themselves without an object of a preposition. In the sentence, The shooting was a drive by, ‘by’ is an adverb. In the sentence, Take a drive by the park, ‘by’ is a preposition.

2. Conjunctions should join two like elements (“but if you can’t repeat a part of speech” – that’s the trick to figuring this out). Starting a sentence with ‘and’ or ‘but’ works in poetry or in the midst a prosaic paragraph, but does not make a valid stand-alone sentence. And that’s the truth.

3. Hints: If you command your mind properly, you may have already seen an answer.

Peace.

Run around me and the very hairy dog.

Verb, prep, pron, conj, art, adv, adj, noun.

8 words, 8 parts of speech, complete sentence.

Jason R Remy

“And it could be safely said that at that moment, in the whole of India, no one, absolutely no one, was f^(king a goat.”
– John Irving A Son of the Circus (1994)

Not bad at all MROIAH. I saw this last night and thought OUCH! this one makes me feel like a real “loverock” (new adj. for moron?). I thought I was going to have to call in the big guns on this one (my daughter the English major). Thanks JAIRON32.

It’s easer to get forgiveness than to get permission.

What’s the longest word in the English language that doesn’t contain any vowels?

(best I can come up with is seven letters: rhythms

If you add “Darnit!” to the end, is that an interjection, which would make it 9 words, 9 different parts of speech?

Here’s a word puzzle, which I saw in Games magazine but had to look at the answer. What a common English word that, if you split it in half, the first half is the opposite of the whole word, and the second half is a synonym for the whole word?

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective