Graduating Texas High School students required to complete traffic stop interaction class.

I can’t get the link to work to find out what specifically it teaches, but my father gave me The Talk about being pulled over.
[ul][li]Pull over onto the shoulder.[/li][li]Turn off the car.[/li][li]Turn on your emergency flashers.[/li][li]Roll the window down.[/li][li]Put your hands on the wheel.[/li][li]You must give your correct name, address, and birthdate.[/li][li]You must produce a valid driver’s license. [/li][li]You do not have to answer any questions. If he asks you “Do you know why I stopped you?” the answer is “I do not choose to answer any questions”.[/li][li]You do not have to consent to any searches. If he says “Do you mind if I search your car?” the answer is “I do not consent to any searches”. If he asks “Why”, the answer is “I do not consent to any searches.”[/li][li]If he orders you to get out of the car, you have to get out of the car.[/li][li]If he goes ahead and searches anyway, you may not stop him.[/li][li]You do not have the right to resist an illegal arrest. [/li][li]It is rather hard to talk your way out of a ticket, but it is rather easy to talk your way into one.[/ul][/li]This one is not from my father, but from my judo sensei
[ul][li]If he’s got a gun, do not make him nervous. Police officers carry guns. Do the math.[/ul][/li]
Regards,
Shodan

The overwhelming majority of traffic stops are routine and uneventful.

This class in Texas is a effort to ensure that everything goes as well as possible. Without conflict or misunderstanding between the public & police. It makes it safer for everyone.

I’m not sure what to say about the recent sexual assault by an officer. It’s a terrible crime that will soon go to trial. Most officers work hard every day and do a great job. The roads wouldn’t be safe to drive without highway patrol.

There’s always going to be a few criminal types in any profession. This one bad cop doesn’t represent all the others that do good jobs.

You still need to clarify what you mean by this:

Warning Issued

This was truly a lousy thing to say.

I’m giving you a warning and it’s best if you stop posting in this thread.