Great restaurant muck-ups

Cream cheese and salsa mixed together is not Chile Con Queso. I’m not sure what it is, but it doesn’t taste good.

rhode island clam chowder is the elixir of life. i have spoken.

I should have known the meal at the Mexican restaurant, at some southern Virginia crossroads that I will never cross again, would be really bad when…

I asked the waiter for a frozen Margarita. He said, “Oh, no sir, our Margaritas aren’t frozen. They’re FRESH!”

Hey pal, in Wisconsin, there IS no food without cheese. Butter is just another FORM of cheese, and not robust enough to hack it alone. The cheese gives it some backbone!:smiley:

At first glance, I misread “samosas” as “mimosas”. I was wondering where you were drinking…

Whoever came up with the idea to put grapes into chicken salad should be shot.

Grapes in chicken salad? You’re talking about grapes rather than raisins or sultanas, right?

shudder

I encounter this more as a customer muck-up than a restaurant muck-up, bit I would like to elaborate by saying that a cappuccino is not freakin’ sweet!

Vapid Customer: “I ordered a cappuccino.”
Me: “That’s what I made you, a cappuccino.”
VC: “But it’s not sweet! Isn’t there supposed to be, like, vanilla in it?”
Me: “No, a cappuccino is just espresso, milk and foam.”
VC: “Um … oh. But how come it’s so light?”
Me: jabs finger toward huge diagram of a cappuccino, hanging on the wall “Half milk! Half foam! All cappuccino!”

Do NOT put mayonaisse on my corned beef sandwich! Ever! You are supposed to serve corned beef on rye, with Swiss cheese, and dress it with mustard!!! Or, if it’s a Reuben, put saurkraut (sp?) and French dressing on the above…but NO MAYO!

Sorry, I was recently traumatized by an incompetent sandwich maker.

:eek:

You don’t know what you’re talking about. My favorite summertime chicken salad has grapes AND raisins, walnuts, celery, apple, pasta, and uh, oh yeah, chicken and mayonaise.

MMMMMMMMM

And mayo on corned beef/pastrami rocks. (although not if you don’t expect it I guess)

When I order a Langer’s No. 1, of course I want the coleslaw and russian dressing on the sandwich. Duh . . .

:wink:

Damn! Even in podunk Jackson MS, our two Indian places don’t commit this travesty. Where are you getting meat samosas?

This one really threw me! Went to a new Chinese restaurant with friends and someone commented on the spicy meat in the egg roll–it was cut up hot dogs! We cut the suckers open and there were the ballpark franks, plain as day. Talk about a culture clash! I’m still traumatized so I took a couple of saltines and should be feeling better soon.

Granted, my gripes aren’t about particular dishes and whether they contain correct ingredients. But I think that they’re valid nontheless…

-Cold salad on a dish that’s still hot from the dishwasher

-A carafe of wine that has a foamy head, or appears to be carbonated.

-Restuarants that only serve beef/burgers with NO pink in the middle. Grizz wants his meat RARE.

-Steak places that advertise their beef as “tender”, yet the steak-knives are only slightly smaller than a machete.

-Instant grits.

-Iced tea made from a powder instead of brewed.

-The restuarant that, when serving our table-of-eight, our waitress brought out the appetizers one at a time. Mine, the plate of raw oysters, being served last and after nearly everyone else was finished with their appetizers. How long do you reckon it takes to “raw” an oyster?

-Resturants in the middle of Ohio that advertise their “fresh catch of the day” as Mahi-Mahi. Huh?

-“Angel-hair” pasta that’s thicker than a Cross pen.

-ANYONE who decides that, since the GrizzCub is soooooo cute, that they have to touch him on the face. You’re lucky to draw your hand back with all of your fingers still attached.

-Wait-persons that reach across me to clear the dishes from someone on the other side of me. Do that again, and I’ll stab you in the arm with this HUGE knife that you gave me to cut this “tender” steak!

-The waitress in Providence R.I. who, upon hearing me order iced tea in October, snickered and said “We don’t have iced tea out of season. We have HOT tea or other soft drinks.”:rolleyes: :confused:

Blame England again. Every Indian restaurant there (except the all-vegetarian ones) serve both meat (lamb) and vegetable samosas. One of my cricketing colleagues, who grew up in Kenya, told me meat samosas are popular there too. :shrug:

Jackson, MS has two Indian restaurants? Wow, never woulda thunk it.

Note to incredibly nasty restaurant in Forks, Washington:

Smoked salmon is sublime.

Smoked salmon that you make yourself can be even better.

Smoked salmon that you serve HOT, as a SALMON STEAK, that is as moist and tender as one of those OLD-GROWTH FIR TREES you guys cut down, makes the baby Jesus cry.

Sigh – I meant to avoid Forks on that trip out West. That must be why they don’t post town limits signs.

Daniel

I’ve seen some Filipino families serve chopped-up pieces of hotdog in their spaghetti.

Why? Who knows.

Ah, thank you for reminding me of that. my husband was stunned to once hear in a restaurant, after he ordered a cappuccino, “What flavor?” I guess they came in vanilla and mocha flavors, ew…

Danish girl, pasta with meat sauce, she includes sauce from a jar, ground beef, chopped up hot dogs, and ketchup :eek: My italian mom would have been horrified.

It actually wasn’t that bad, but greasy as all hell.

Chicken mole is not sweet! It does not have Hershey’s syrup in it, you sick, sick bastards! I haven’t been able to eat mole since the experience of shredded chicken doused in chocolate syrup in your nasty restaurant.