Greatest SwordMaker in history

I’m looking for a specific person, with a name here, not a culture or town.

Must be pre-rennaisance, once again.

“Mmmmm, Sacrilicious…” – Homer Simpson
If you need a graphic solution, http:\ alk.to\Piglet

Domingo Montoya, from the village of Arabella in Central Spain, set high in the hills above Toledo.

Dr. Fidelius, Charlatan
Associate Curator Anomalous Paleontology, Miskatonic University
“You cannot reason a man out of a position he did not reach through reason.”

No Princess Bride Jokes please.

Seriously, I have an essay due tommorow…

“Mmmmm, Sacrilicious…” – Homer Simpson
If you need a graphic solution, http:\ alk.to\Piglet

Okazaki Masamune. His swords were regarded as having almost a “divine spirit” that defied conventional swordmaking.

Unfortunately I have no idea where to look for more information. Hope this helps.

The story was that Masamune and Muramasa were the two smiths competing for the title of the master swordmaker. It was said that their swords were tied in physical attributes of sharpness and durability, so it all came down to the last test. They thrust their swords in the middle of a river, and watched the leaves float by. Muramasa’s sword sliced right through every leaf that came its way, but Masamune’s sword just deflected those leaves that came its way. So you’re thinking Muramasa must be the better swordmaker, since his sword was sharper, but it was Masamune who won in fact. The apparent reason was that Masamune’s sword had a Samurai spirit, as it knows when to use its powers and when not to. Seems like cutting floating leaves in a river was too trivial a task for Masamune’s sword :smiley:

p.s. I’d give you a link if I could, but every search seems to end with a Final Fantasy game site or something similar…

I don’t do other people’s homework.

Gypsy: Tom, I don’t get you.
Tom Servo: Nobody does. I’m the wind, baby.

Pre-Renaissance ? Much too broad. Considering the range of knowledge about metals from the Iron Age up to the Renaissance, that’d be comparing apples and oranges. Read the Book of the Sword, by Sir Richard F. Burton - more than you’ll want to know, and the definitive history on swords.