Greetings

Greetings everyone. I am Alexandria. Cessandra conviced me to join, and I would like to take to position of the new resident bible thumper. I heard the last one left. Anyways, I’m in colorguard, (if you don’t know, ask), and I love to debate. I guess that’s it. Thanz

Alexandria

HEY ALEXANDRIA!!!
I’m so glad you came on board! I’m really looking forward to arguing with you!

Cessandra

My Homepage Updated 9/28/99!
The RHPS: Website For Virgins Updated 9/28/99!

Welcome Alex,

As a bible thumper, what flavor are you?

I’ve found that fundamentalism doesn’t play well here.

Just a tip. Take it for what it’s worth.

Hope you stick around. It’s fun, it’s interesting, and sometimes it’s just plain weird.

All Bible Thumpers must immediately report to the Great Debates forum!

And possibly, thereafter, to the BBQ Pit.

I have as much authority as the Pope; I just don’t have as many people who believe it! - George Carlin

Alexandria, you know not to whom you’re comparing yourself. The following is a rather abbreviated description.

ARG220 is the bible thumper about whom you’ve been told. He is a closed-minded ignoramus, who believes that he knows The Truth about everything religious. In his view, he has learned all he could possibly need to know about life, simply by being homeschooled and by listening to his parents and preachers talk about God.

His debating skills are zero. He claims to know the only true interpretation of the Christian Bible, though he has never read the book. When one of his assertions is countered, he either simply repeats the assertion, or continues as if the countering statement was never posted.

He recently left the Straight Dope boards, saying that the voice of God told him to cease posting. The consensus around here is that all the logic and information was starting to crack his shell of ignorance; rather than have to come out of it and be forced to think for himself, he fled.

I suggest that you not attempt to emulate him.

If you want to intelligently discuss religious topics, then I welcome you to the board. But if you really do want to take over ARG220’s position as Resident Omnipresent Religion Troll, leave now and save us all some trouble.

(Sorry for being so flamelike, but it’s very late, and I tend to be grumpy when I’m tired.)

Laugh hard; it’s a long way to the bank.

ah, color guard! Is that similar to “drill team?” aka the SMART cheerleaders? You march with the band and wave a flag around, eh?

ColourGuard? Isn’t that some kind of Car Wax?

Colorguard? Rifle or flag?
My sister was big on it for a couple of years.

Tenacious, like a coonhound tracking a poodle in heat.

Welcome aboard! I’m sure we’ll get along splendidly…

Yer pal,
Satan

Auraseer, don’t worry, Alex is not like that (in my opinion). She is very religious, though, which is the big thing that she and I debate about, and the reason that I invited her to the board.

Cessandra

My Homepage Updated 9/30/99!
The RHPS: Website For Virgins Updated 9/28/99!

Welcome. Always good to get fresh meat…I mean, more newbies, to add to the fire…I mean, to join the SDMB.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.