GropeGate is the worst thing that could have happened to this election.

I agree with the sentiment. I’m sorry that this is the way we win the election. It would have been better and healthier if we’d rejected Trump on the merits of his platform.

But we’ve been shown the nasty underside of his character, and that’s something valid to judge him by.

If he actually had presented a platform of ideas, rich with reforms, promising in their innovation, celebrated by experts in various fields, then this collapse over his character defects would be a tragedy. But since his platform was nothing but “I’ll listen to myself, I have the best ideas” – not only no cattle, but not hat either! – this is only low comedy.

Gropenator 2: Electric Boogaloo

Grab-'em-by-the-Gate

Donald is the Obergropenführer.

Trump has policies? :confused:

I thought he was just saying what he thought people wanted to hear (more so than most politicians, that is).

Amen.

He’s running as a Republican. For a sizable percentage of the population, that is the sole qualifier.

I was actually referring to the people who actually know him personally and work directly with him. He’s humiliated quite a few of them (see Christie reference above for just one example), and yet … I just don’t get it. I don’t see how it could possibly be worth it.

That may be. But the way I see it, WE are facing our own uncomfortable truth that some 40 to 48% of the country can still support this guy. Well, for fucks’ sake, on Nov 9., THEY should have to wake up to the fact that some 52 to 60% of the country think they’re wrong.

Granted, it’s not much, but it’s a far sight better than what ShortFingeredPussy has wrought – they’re going to say if it weren’t for one unfortunate locker room tape from over a decade ago, their version of the truth would have been reality. And the media, between its overzealous efforts to appear balanced and simply being unable to resist the sensationalist plotlines that sell, will be complicit.

Nothing to complain about. He will lose, and bigger because of the scandal. His followers will have a lot of tough decisions, and cognitive dissonance in the future, figuring out why it happened like it did. And why they were part of it, I would guess.

The scandals are not bad. They affect his popular vote and we need him to lose big. His claims of rigging have to be made completely ridiculous by the numbers.

Does everybody already know about the bombshell evidence that Pence and Andrew Douche Clay were touting, gonna prove him innocent? Big, big stuff, gonna release it at the appropriate time, and its hugelike.

Our friends over at ThinkProgress are on the case:https://thinkprogress.org/trump-promised-proof-he-s-innocent-of-sexual-assault-ca9c96d0afef#.3789qa40t

Trump promised ‘proof’ he’s innocent of sexual assault. He delivered an insult to our intelligence.

Its testimony from a fabulist, guy who keeps trying to make himself famous by making shit up.

and so forth.

Scumdog Billionaire

meh well it couldn’t have happened to a scummier guy. He could have got past it if he’d made a real apology, some thing along the lines of “It’s true that I was a bad boy in the past but I’ve made the decision to devote myself to serving the country now… yada yada yada”. What the actually did was the worst possible response.

Karma may take many years but it usually catches up with you.

THAT is the best they came come up with? That’s just sad. I mean completely pitiful. The dude would have been 18 years old. Has no evidence whatsoever other than his “great memory”. And he is a well known liar and BS artist from way back.

At long last, has this campaign no sense of shame whatsoever? None?

Do they really think this is going to cover the fact that FIVE women have now reported that Trump wandered into the Miss Teen dressing room to leer at girls bodies? Girls from 15 - 19 years old. Trump is a fucking sick, sick pervert. …

Do they have no sense of embarrassment at all?

He did not apologize because he’s a fundamentally damaged individual, who does not even know right from wrong. He truly, actually thinks there is nothing whatsoever wrong with him sticking his hands up strangers skirts to grab at them. Because why? Because he’s Trump, that’s why. He is mentally deranged.

I agree, I’m just trying to point out that the reason he is being taken down by this is not solely because it’s what the media and Clinton campaign chose to take him down. He’s being taken down by it because if his own ego and narcissism.

This is a guy who, numerous times in the past, has lied before, during and after the publication of video/audio/written proof of his lie. His first instinct is that of a gaslighter - to deny vigorously any accusation until he badgers his accuser into giving up - and that’s the only way he knows how to deal with this. In this case, his accusers aren’t stepping down, and his history of lies is adding to the feeling among media, public and politicians that even the worst accusations have to be true.

Add to that, there is a belief among certain people (mostly men, but also some women) that women who make accusations of sexual assault are doing it for kicks, or for publicity or for money. Now this belief is enshrined into the Republican Party’s unofficial charter, and that’s a stain that’s not going to wash away in a hurry.

You’re right, I left out the words “the lack of” in my post. Shame on me!

It is more than that. If history were somehow reversed and the Romans were studying us, when they get to this chapter they are usually all like, “Egad! I would never perform nonesuch actions.” This is going to be gross for decades, probably centuries.

My brother is just back from a training course he ran. On the course were two Americans. Both were Republican. Both said that Trump would win. But then Gropegate broke and they then both said that this could sink him. Many Americans don’t know a Mexican or Canadian or whoever, so he can insult those with impunity, but every American knows a woman, and here he’s stepped through the ice.

However, they also said that the reason why Trump was winning in the first place is the media. They say that the media is nothing but Trump, Trump, and more Trump and they - the media - are not addressing the issues of why people are voting for him. Trump is the protest vote, and the media are basically circling the wagons and denying that anything is wrong and eventually the mob will storm the gates.