Guacamole--what is it good for?

While I enjoy it as chip dip as well as smear on sandwiches and burgers, there must be others uses. Any suggestions? maybe merge with sauces? Thanks!

My grandmother had never had it until she was 80 years old and after that, she just ate it right out of the cup. It’s one of those quirky, great memories I have of her.

I love it on anything and yes, I even eat it from the cup.

Of course, I’ve made Avocado Toast with it as well.

It’s an essential part of a burrito is it not?

When I make carnitas tacos, they’re fairly stripped down – a little cheese, carnitas, a dollop of guac, and a sprinking of pico de gallo (or just chopped cilantro). Perfect.

Any time sour cream would be a nice topping, guac probably is as well.

I use it as a burger topping, sandwich condiment, omelet filling, really any excuse to eat it.

Good god, y’all.

…topped with a fried egg and a dash or two of hot sauce makes for a nice comfort breakfast.

Oh, yeah, guacamole omelets are the omelets I eat the most.

When I make chili, my kids like a big dollop of fresh guac on top.

Absolutely…everything.

Well, maybe not as motor fuel.

It’s not good for anything. I frakking hate guacamole. Even my own. If avocados vanished tomorrow I wouldn’t shed a tear.

Honestly I mostly just want it on chips. It’s so delicious that I wanna taste it directly. But it’s one of those things that needs to be fresh. Packaged guacamole is awful.

I like avocados, but not guac particularly. I think the delicate flavor of the avocado gets drowned out by the other ingredients. I like a mashup of avocado, olive oil, lemon and salt, spread on toast.

The only other thing I want is a little garlic (well, and the lemon should be lime), but definitely simpler is better.

I buy bottles of lemon infused olive oil, so that’s what I go with.

Instead of the avocado slowly turning into brown mush, you can make guacamole so it quickly turns into brown mush! All the better to return it to the carbon cycle.
/not-a-fan-of-green-fruits

I order my avocado toast plain. No avocado.

Just wrong.

(Love guac tho’)

If your stir up brown guacamole it just gets a bit darker green, and is edible again!

I put lime juice in mine, and it looks fine even a day or two later, as long as it’s been refrigerated.

My guacamole contains:
Avocado
Tomato
cumin (to taste)
salt (to taste)
garlic (to taste)
lime juice (1-2 tsp per avocado)

It’s ok as a chip dip but way too delicate piled into other busy foods like burgers or burritos.