Guilty and / or embarassing pleasures

I take a curious pleasure when plucking my nose hairs when I yank one that is particularly long and you can feel it unwillingly detach waaaay upstream in your nose.

I’m always like “gotcha, you fucker!”

So do I. And I like Creed. And I loved Velvet Revolver. THERE! I said it!!

Yup. Me too.

And I love watching Maury and Jerry Springer and Steve Wilkos. And I watch the court shows, even Divorce Court.

And I drink Andre Pink Champage and Cold Duck (not at the same time) and I eat Velveeta!

And I have read almost everything Ann Rule has ever written. And I loved the movie “Iron Eagle”, and the movie “Independence Day”

No one is ever going to speak to me again, are they?

FTR, I don’t think there’s anything to be guilty or ashamed about liking Velvet Revolver…they kicked ass!

I’d rather speak to you than to some pretentious hipster elitist snob. :wink:

Er …I have this friend, who though a grown adult is a big fan of Sponge Bob Square Pants.

I also enjoy, I mean HE also enjoys raspberries with evaporated milk, and drinking ice cold milk with steaks.

(Though they’re not really guilty pleasures.)

I did mention that it was a friend of mine right ?

“Daydream Believer”

Love it.

Also: Robert Fulghum. A lot of his true stories are obviously fictional, he’s often a bit squirrely and icky-poo for my taste, but I like his point of view. Don’t tell anybody about this, ok?

Not a fan of Hawaiian Punch, but there’s a food truck in these parts that sells hot dogs, and one of their available condiments is this ‘cheeze’ … and yep, I’ll get it every time, much to the horror of my dining companions (I’m a foodie too, but the squeeze cheeze is my Kryptonite).

Yeah, and The Maze Runner series wasn’t really even good!

So, didja hear there’s a prequel out now? :slight_smile:

I was addicted to that song for a couple of years.

I love cartoons. All kinds. I almost universally would rather watch a cartoon than a real people show. 3/4 of my dvd library is cartoons. Samurai Jack, Adventure Time, Justice League, Batman, Darkwing Duck*, many more and tons and tons of anime.

I’m really loving all of the DC animated movies they’ve been putting out the last several years. And in looking them up on wiki I noticed a new Superman one just came out last month. Excuse me I need to visit Amazon.

*Got the entire series at Costco for I think $15.

Adventure Time is GREAT! I also dig The Regular Show…has anyone ever seen the (adult) cartoon that inspired the show?

I gotta share it with someone because my kids certainly can’t see this!

I watch Spongebob Squarepants, too. He’s great!

Reading erotic fiction (tried to write it, got tired of running to the thesaurus). Although 50 Shades of Grey is mainstream now, so maybe it’s not as shameful as it used to be. I must say, however, that A.N. Roquelaure’s *Sleeping Beauty *trilogy is way fucking better.

Cheesy romance novels. They take me back.

Oh, and I liked Adventure Time back when it was just one Nickelodeon short. :smiley:

I, for one, do not find animation shameful! I also loved Samurai Jack from the first episode- the design of the artwork is just brilliant.

Kraft Mac and cheese is a pale imitation of Velveeta shells and ‘cheese’.

Dear og, I have a ‘cheese’ problem; someone send a wheel of stilton, stat!

Not “guilty and/or embarrassing” unless you tell us about your finacee’s grandma finding you naked on her setee with her priceless vintage Steif teddy bear puppet…

The SDMB, for one.

The TV show “Sister Wives.” I love it. Can’t stand the husband but I like all 4 of the wives and I think other than the whole polygamy train wreck they’re good parents. Can’t stop watching. Won’t. You can’t make me.

Butterscotch flavour Angels’ Delight. I don’t know if you have it in the US, but it’s a powdered instant pudding, made with milk. Looks like baby poo and smells like a cross between maple syrup and drain unblocker. There were six in my family growing up, and in order to make one sachet stretch a long way mum used to make it with extra milk, so we ended up with sugary milky chemical soup for dessert. Yum! Or you can go the other way and make it with less than the recommended amount of milk, and then never mind baby poo, you’ve got a bowl of meconium.

It can be made with hundreds-and-thousands or a blob of squirty-cream as toppings, but that’s just gilding the lily. If these ingredients are obscure, I’ll gladly explain to anyone who can tell me what Peeps are

Trans-Atlantic cultural references decoded:
Peeps
Angel Delight
Hundreds-and-thousands
Squirty cream

Ha! Thanks for that. US Peeps look similar UK Flumps, OMG, marshmallow babylon!

For thirty years I’ve been calling it Angels Delight, and it’s actually Angel Delight. Maybe the pitying and dismissive looks people give when I confess I eat it are because I obviously can’t read properly, not because it’s the tackiest food you can possibly eat.