Guilty Pleasures

I’m a guy. I’m a guy’s guy. I drive a truck, wear a tool belt at work, and think romantic comedies would be much improved if they had more explosions in them.

But I love me some Gillmore Girls. I love it. 11 AM Monday through Friday on the Family Channel. It’s on the Effin’ Family Channel fer chrisakes, and on my days off I try to watch it. Me! I do that! The dialogue is exceptional and I find myself truly caring what happens to Lorelei and Rory. I have no business liking that show, but it’s one of my favorites.

So, what’s your guilty pleasure? What TV shows, movies, or books do you absolutely love, but are a bit reluctant to admit?

Sorry, I am going to have to see your man card, I think it is suspended.

My guilty pleasure? I can’t beleive I am going to share this. At least it’s not as bad as Gilmore Girls, though.

I love ELO. Yep, the Electric Light Orchestra. Love 'em.

I’ve never seen Gilmore Girls, nor do I know what it’s about at all but I think that somehow in my head I’ve linked it to Golden Girls, so it doesn’t hold any interest for me.

Barry Manilow. I’ve even seen him live.

My Guilty Pleasures:

I read those Janet Evanovich novels… the Stephanie Plum ones. Yeah… I know.

I will watch any stupid shit the Sci-fi channel produces. I just love cheesy scifi!!

I love Barry Manilow, ELO, and Madonna. So there!

In Touch magazine. I subscribe. :o

Ah. So you’re gay. I hope you two are very happy.

::chuckle::

I’m not, by the way; but that’s part of the reason it’s a guilty pleasure. And I will find your home, fly 3000 miles, and kick your ass if you tell anyone that I have a “sensitive” side. :wink:

It’s ok. Just tell your friends that you like looking at Lauren Graham. Nothing wrong with that!

Pro-wrestling. I first watched it during Bruno Sammartino’s waning days, and while I go through periods of disinterest, I still consider myself a fan all these decades later.

Also, I’ll see your ELO, and raise you an ELP :cool:

I’ve gone into our living room several times and caught my husband watching the Lifetime channel and the WE channel. He immediately switches the channels, so I guess it’s a guilty pleasure.

I like Young Adult fantasy novels.

My hubby is with you OpalCat, he will watch any movie the SciFi channel dreams up and like it!

As for me, I like some yaoi anime series, adding extra melted butter to microwave popcorn and almost any weepy women’s movie from the 30s and 40s. Oh, and Marilyn Monroe in “Niagra” cuz she’s such a delightfully conniving bitch in Technicolr!

I’ve never sen the Gilmore Girls, but it makes me think of Gary Gilmore, who was executed in 1977. :confused:

Yeah! I either like it because it’s good, or I like it because it’s cheesy, or I like it because it’s so utterly terrible that I can have fun making fun of it. It’s win-win!

I like rock/non-death metal mainly, but for some reason I just love a dance tune now and then. Gorillaz “Dare”, Shiny Toy Guns “Le Disko”, stuff like that.

I’ve read most of the novels of Clive Cussler.

The Gilmore Girls was dropped a bit behind in the execution schedule because of a clerical error. However, we are now aware of this and it will be rectified . . . soon. Their day is coming.
My guilty pleasure is probably the emo/punk band My Chemical Romance. I’ve got so much against them, yet I can’t . . . stop . . . listening . . .

I’m 50 years old and will still drop what I’m doing if I see that Bugs Bunny or Oliver and Hardy are on TV.

Do you mean Stan and Laurel, Yorick?
(What’s “guilty” about ELO?)