ha ha ha, Christianist dimwits, yes, "open forum" doesn't mean "Christianity only"

When I went to Brooklyn College, inside the ceiling tiles is where we kept our liquor.

[QUOTE=hawksgirl]
Holy cow, with those rules, we’d get expelled for what we do at band practice!
[/QUOTE]
I’m not surprised! “This one time, at band practice…”

[QUOTE=Waenara]
I suspect some enterprising student tried to get around the rule just above that:Probably someone tried to find a loophole by saying that if you’re above the ceiling tiles, you’re not “in” the residence hallway. :smiley:
[/QUOTE]

Well, when I was in the Air Force, whenever we’d come across a totally bizarre rule, we’d shrug and blame it on “Airman Snuffy,” the catch-all nickname for the airman who didn’t know his ass from third base. If there’s a rule that you can’t use your government credit card to purchase the company of a local escort for the evening, then you can bet that someone was dumb enough to do it before someone spelled out explicitly that it was forbidden.

Once Canada finishes its mission against the religious extremists in Afghanistan, we’ll pop on down to deal with the problem in the USA.

[QUOTE=Mangetout]
So it’s OK to ‘enter the entryway’ of someone who is the same sex? Remarkable.
[/QUOTE]
Or entering the exit way.

[QUOTE=MsRobyn]
I know Bob Jones isn’t. Liberty, OTOH, is.
[/QUOTE]

Not quite: Bob Jones initially did not want accreditation because of potential outside influence or somesuch. More recently, people there reconsidered and decided to get accreditation anyway; so now, it [Bob Jones University - Wikipedia]is* too.

[QUOTE=Sweetums]
Okay the one I love:

Entering the space above ceiling tiles = 12 Reprimands + $50 Fine*

Has Liberty really had that big a problem with students crawling around above the ceiling that they had to make a rule about it?

[/QUOTE]

These kids are clearly Not Getting Any, or Even Close To Getting Any. And a well-known symptom of Not Getting Any is ‘crawling the walls.’ Case closed.

I’ve been browsing around the Liberty University codes of conduct, and this little bit caught my eye:

Erm… Information not condoned by the instructor? What does that mean, exactly? If you mention evolution (sorry, EVILution) on your biology test, you flunk the course and get a bunch of reprimands?

From here

I guarantee you, Liberty University will turn out adults by the boatload who make Jenna Jameson look like a nun and Der Trihs look like a paleoconservative.

Why would they need these rules, anyway? Aren’t these kids from upstanding moral homes? Weren’t they raised “right”?

:rolleyes:

Do they have a unit conversion page? You know, something like:

12 finger-waggings = 1 reprimand

50 reprimands = 1 commendation

25 condemnations = 1 excommunication

[QUOTE=John Mace]
Yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Liberty from… what???
[/QUOTE]

[hijack]
Is that proper use of the word “Liberty”? I know you can have freedom from something, but can you have liberty from something? I’ve never heard the word used in that construction before.
[/hijack]

[QUOTE=Slithy Tove]
Interesting that the Pagans were from the local Unitarian Universalists; small revenge for the (perhaps apocryphal) time when a group on stealth fundamentalist Christians joined a UU congregation until they had a voting block large enough to sell the church for a trivial amount and close it down.
[/QUOTE]

Fascinating. Is there a cite for that somewhere; I’ve never heard that story.

[QUOTE=Dumbguy]
How do you get a petition authorized? By filing a petition?
[/QUOTE]

Catch-23!

[QUOTE=look!ninjas]
I’ve been browsing around the Liberty University codes of conduct, and this little bit caught my eye:

[Quote=Academic/Computing Ethics]

Academic Dishonesty
During examinations, academic dishonesty shall include the following:

  • Referring to information not specifically condoned by the instructor.

[/quote]

Erm… Information not condoned by the instructor? What does that mean, exactly? If you mention evolution (sorry, EVILution) on your biology test, you flunk the course and get a bunch of reprimands?

From here
[/QUOTE]

I imagine it means looking at your textbook or at your notes when you’re not taking an open-book or open-note test. Talking about evolution probably just gets you marked off as being wrong, not as cheating. :rolleyes:

Whew. Good thing all my hardcore porn is unrated by the MPAA.

Have you thought of putting this on a bumper sticker?

[QUOTE=Jurph]
If there’s a rule that you can’t use your government credit card to purchase the company of a local escort for the evening, then you can bet that someone was dumb enough to do it before someone spelled out explicitly that it was forbidden.
[/QUOTE]

Yep. At my workplace, that’s a Todd rule, named for Todd, who bought lap dances with the company credit card.

[QUOTE=jsgoddess]
Yep. At my workplace, that’s a Todd rule, named for Todd, who bought lap dances with the company credit card.
[/QUOTE]

The Todd?

I only did it once!