hair growth

I’ve checked the archives and saw that a question about hair growth had been asked. But this is sort of different:

A few weeks ago I got a cut and my bangs were significantly longer than my sides. A few weeks later, I noticed that my bangs were still longer but the disparity between the two was far less than it had been right after the cut. So my question is: Does short hair grow faster than long hair? why?

No, not at all. Hair grows at a constant rate. That rate might vary depending on where on your body the hair is, but it doesn’t depend on length.

Short hair look like it grows faster because hair has a finite lifespan. It grows for a while, then it falls out and a new hair starts growing from the skin. When hair is long then you only notice the hairs that are near the end of their lifespan and about to fall out. The younger, shorter hairs that are still growing are more or less buried. Once you cut the hair then you notice more of the young hairs and it seem like the hair is growing faster.

I think the part to focus on in Blake’s post is different areas grow at different speeds. My bangs area always grew slower, but at an older age the difference is much greater for what’s left.