Half Blood Prince excitement thread - no spoilers

I received an email this morning from Amazon reassuring me that “Your Harry Potter Order is On Schedule”. They say “You should have the book in your hands no later than 7:00 pm on Saturday”, and beg me not to contact them to complain until after that time. :slight_smile:

Hey, After the Rain! (glomp)

Yep, I spend more time on FA than I should, I’m sure. :wink:

I also got the Amazon.com email. BUT… since they can’t GUARANTEE that the book will be here before 7:00… should I go ahead and buy a cheaper copy at midnight?? (The deluxe edition is the one that was ordered.)

Hey, I remember that thing on FictionAlley. I saw it here and thought “Well, *they’re * a little bit late.”

I wonder how many FAers we have here? I’m scarletswitchblade. I’ve already fangirled **Anise ** here, and I think I know you, After the Rain, from Wotcher Wolvie. I’m the girl who invented the cabin in Tibet.

Am kinda nervous about the midnight party, because one of the people who I was going with cancelled and the other one hasn’t responded to her cell in tweo days. Though the latter’s probably just because she’s my sister. Am I the only one who feels like going to a midnight party alone would make me a geek? (Not that I have problems realizing I’m a geek, but the social awkwardness of it.)

Totally. Just imagine the fandom wank that would happen if that somebody was on the internet. I hate knowing the endings of books before I read them, especiallu HP.

Waah!

I hafta work this weekend–so no HP for me until Monday. My husband is going to pick the book up from Borders on Saturday (and if I didn’t have to be up at 0500 on Satruday, I would be there at midnoc on Friday).

Reread all HP in June; am now watching the three DVD’s this week.

I’m just wild about Harry.

(and to hell with the Pope–if he can’t spot Christian imagery and the influence of CS Lewis in HP, he needs remedial schooling)…

I got the email too so it seems mine will be coming in on Saturday. sigh More hurry up and waiting

I don’t get my copy until next Friday–so I’m entertaining myself looking at all the different cover art from various countries on Amazon.co.jp

Here’s a list:

Chamber of Secrets Japanese
Philosopher’s Stone French
Chamber of Secrets French
Prisoner of Azkaban French
Chamber of Secrets German
Prisoner of Azkaban German
Philosopher’s Stone Ancient Greek
Philosopher’s Stone Spanish
Prisoner of Azkaban Spanish
Goblet of Fire Spanish
Order of the Phoenix Spanish

I want to find more of those Japanese covers. And some of this other stuff is greatly amusing:

Las Aventuras de Harry Potter
Hermione Aprende
Harry Potter El Cumpleanos - Block Actividades
Harry Potter En La Plataforma

And the existence of Harry Potter Sparknotes is just amazing.

Semi-Hijack: In the Latin versions of the book(s), is the (quasi)-Latin left as-is?

Brian

I reserved a copy at WaldenBooks at the Brea Mall the day before Mother’s Day. I’m going to be there on Saturday to shop for kaylasmom’s birthday present (Sunday). kaylasmom will be with me, picking up a few knickknacks and geegaws, as well as getting a puppy fix at the pet store (she retired a guide dog a few months back, and she needs a booster now and then until she gets into a new class). So although, I’ll have the book on Saturday, I won’t get to read it yet.

And, of course, Sunday is just out of the question.

So, no reading for me, it looks like, until Monday at work. Between phone calls, of course.

Geez! What did Johnny L. A. and I do wrong? I just got the Amazon email that said not to expect HPatHBP until next week. :mad:
Maybe I’ll spend Saturday in the empty theater watching the premier of “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.”
Warner Brothers really picked the wrong weekend to release that film.

Amazon told me that it’s “on schedule” but that they can’t guarantee the 16th.

Fortunately, everything I orderfrom Amazon either coms from their distribution center right across town, ar at most from the one 50 miles away. :cool: Things that they say will take seven days arrive the next day.

kayla’sdad --why is Sunday out of the question?

If I had the weekend off, I’d be reading until I was finished!

WOOOOOO! 24 hours away from HBP on the East Coast!

Amazon have e-mailed me to say it has been dispatched. Yay!

So far I have re-read all the books, and watched all the films again. There’s nothing to do now but wait.

Why do people feel the need to enter an excitement thread and urinate all over everyone’s enjoyment? What’s the psychological reason for doing such a thing? I will never understand it.

I’m happy and excited for you all. I’ve only read the first book, years ago, but I’ve recently become deeply involved in a part of a Harry Potter forum because I saw a test screening of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and I’ve been answering questions like a madman for the past few days. (a list of the questions is here, but WARNING, there are MASSIVE spoilers for the movie, from an ignoramus to boot). Anyway, I have been treated so nicely, and so well by those kind and patient people at The Leaky Cauldron that I now have a huge soft spot in my heart for Harry Potter fans, and I feel protective.

I’ve promised to read the books and in fact have started re-reading the first book. I can’t share in your enjoyment and excitement this time, except as a supportive bystander, but I’ll probably be right there with you when the last one comes out.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!

I’m NOT urinating on the thread! (at least, that is not my intention). I LIKE Harry Potter. I want to read the next book. I just prefer paperback (and not just for money reasons)

Brian

Well, this is a thread about THIS book, coming out NOW, and the excitement surrounding the anticipation of reading it ASAP. Your comment seemed very unnecessary in this particular thread.

One more day! I’m rethinking my resolve not to go to the bookstore at midnight. I have to teach a class tomorrow morning and responsible people don’t stay awake all night reading before their classes. OR DO THEY?

No they don’t.

OR MAYBE THEY DO!

No, really, I have to wait til my class is over.

Damn.

One more day!

Responsible people may not. But Potter fans with the new book in hand do… evil grin

Omigosh!!! It’s tomorrow!! Stomach turns over in excitement I’m over at my friend’s house and I’m annoying her and my other friend by pointing and squealing at everything even remotely related to Harry Potter. Last night, we were watching a rerun of an episode of “CSI: Miami” and one of the guest stars looked like the actors who play Fred and George in the movie.

Just one more day!! I’m going to Costco to buy my book because my mother told me it’s cheaper there and my father has to do some grocery shopping there anyways. So I told my father that we have to go in the morning before they open (well, he gets up at around 8:00 for work, so my mom will go to work instead of him). Squeals!!!

According to the e-mail I received this morning from amazon.uk, my book has been despatched.

Now I only have to wait for International Mail…