Half-eaten wife used as bait to trap killer Tanzania lion

From the BBC:

Stangest headline I’ve seen all day.

You see, I’m an optimist: I prefer to see the wife as half un-eaten.

Sick! Sick sick sick sick!!!

But funny…

Hell hath no fury like a woman half eaten. Finish the job, guys.

Here, kitty-kitty-kitty…

Well, hopefully someone in the village has been waiting for a matching ankle donor.

I’m rooting for the lion. Hey, lions got to eat too!

What’s the old joke?..

A man and his wife go out on a fishing boat. She falls overboard and they search for her the rest of the day, then return to port. A couple of days later, the captain calls the guy and says, “We found your wife’s body, but when we pulled her in, there was a clam attached to her foot, and the clam had a giant pearl in it. What should we do?”

And the guy replies, “Send me the pearl and rebait the trap.”

Which half of a half eaten wife do you use to bait a Cunning Lioness?

He’s trying to take a pride in his work.

This is the strangest I’ve seen

SOUP TO NUTS

I’ve angrily told people to ‘eat me’ - but can’t fathom saying the opposite.

No kidding. I can’t imagine telling someone “You better shut up or I’m gonna suck your dick!”

For some reason, I just can not see this as being much of a threat to a man.

Thanks lieu, I just spit water out my nose.

That alone was worth $4.95. Take a kudo outta petty cash. :smiley:

Kudos is the singular. I’d threaten you with something for your error, but it seems we’ve got all the weird shit in here we can handle already.

I was actually being purposely obtuse for great comedic effect :wink: . However, your post made me curios and I found multiple cites which talk about the changing usage of kudos/kudo. Although it still is not considered the proper formal usage, it is now part of the English language. I have found other cites which state this in stronger terms but they are in these strange things they call books and I don’t feel like doing that much typing to quote them. The following is from Webster’s. Language changes, deal with it :smiley: .

Main Entry: ku·do
Pronunciation: 'kü-(")dO, 'kyü-
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural kudos /-(")dOz/
Etymology: back-formation from kudos (taken as a plural)
1 : AWARD, HONOR <a score of honorary degrees and… other kudos – Time>
2 : COMPLIMENT, PRAISE <to all three should go some kind of special kudo for refusing to succumb – Al Hine>
usage Some commentators hold that since kudos is a singular word it cannot be used as a plural and that the word kudo is impossible. But kudo does exist; it is simply one of the most recent words created by back-formation from another word misunderstood as a plural. Kudos was introduced into English in the 19th century; it was used in contexts where a reader unfamiliar with Greek could not be sure whether it was singular or plural. By the 1920s it began to appear as a plural, and about 25 years later kudo began to appear. It may have begun as a misunderstanding, but then so did cherry and pea.

curious :smack: too lazy to preview

What did he use as poison? Did he have some Purina Lion Poison sitting in the cupboard next to the peanut butter?

An optimist would also see the lion as only half-full.