Handiest gadget you just bought.

I just found a champagne opener that will pull those wood or plastic corks that a wine screw won’t. The bottle is open in about five seconds after the wire is removed.

Dewalt Compount Miter Saw

Oops. Dewalt Compound Miter Saw.

Of course, I’m remodeling a kitchen. So you can include in the list pretty much any implement of destruction or construction starting from Wonderbars and a 4 lb sledge to a Leatherman Wave.

Of all the various birthday, Christmas and Father’s Day gifts I have ever bought for my dad, his favorite is the $5.00 wine cap with the pump that sucks air out of the wine bottle so it doesn’t go bad. We use it nearly every night.

A Braun hand-blender. For X-mas, if you need a gift for someone who loves to cook, this girrrl rules. It’s much easier to deal with than a blender, and whirls stuff like soup, sauce, drinks, etc, in a minute. Easy to clean,too. And has a chopper attachment. ++++!

I’ve got a tiny (1" high) grater. It’s supposed to be a joke item, but is perfect for nutmeg.
I’ve also got the world’s best corkscrew, but I’d only go on about it for hours. I’ll keep quiet about it for now.

I once lost my corkscrew and had to live on food and water for several days
(W.C. Fields)

I bought my Swiffer Sweeper partly because of the raves it was getting in this forum, and let me tell you, it’s great. I can wipe up all the dog hair on my hardwood floors like nothing, and it gets into all the places that the vacuum doesn’t reach without moving furniture. I love my Swiffer :slight_smile: !
Blue

“I wore an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time…”

Can opener (I lead a simple life)

Citrus Express- as seen on TV. It rocks! I love it!
Zette

Love is like popsicles…you get too much you get too high.

Not enough and you’re gonna die…
Click here for some GOOD news for a change Zettecity

A power hammer. I went into Home Depot looking for some concrete nails, and came out $100 later with the power hammer and accessories. It uses .22 caliber blanks to fire a nail into…well, anything.

It’s powerful, noisy, and phallic - what more could a guy want?

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

Although I have had it for about three years, the best gadget I have ever purchased is what I call the “poor man’s food processor” aka the Smart Chopper.

It’s great for guacomole, chopping up onions (I tear extra hard when doing it by hand, to the point of not being able to see) egg salad for sandwiches etc. Never tried it for whipping cream though and some of the other uses it claims, but for what I use it for it’s the best $20.00 I ever spent.

Good Grips Potato Peeler. Buy it.

Milwaukee Super Sawzall! Can you say disassemble? Rapidly?

The Victorinox Super Tinker Swiss Army Knife.

The super tinker has mini pliars, scissors, a standard size philips head screwdriver, flathead screwdriver, Large heavy blade, a smaller razor sharp blade, can opener, bottle opener, awl and cord detangler. Great for the techie in the house.

As much as I love my Leatherman Wave, it’s way too bulky for comfortable pocket carry.

Inky

52 inch Claymore.

It slices! It dices! It’s a handy home protection device! Now how much would you pay?

http://www.madpoet.com
Computers have let mankind make mistakes faster than any other invention, with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.

I got my boss a liar’s ruler for fishing. It is actually 18", but says it is 36". It has all the markings of a regular yard stick, but the inches are actually half an inch. If you catch a fish, you put it next to the ruler, take a picture, and it looks two times bigger.
The tag on the front said,
Makes Everything You Measure Twice As Big!

All the women in my office want one now.

Does the Keeper count as a gadget? I bought one based on OpalCat’s thread and although it takes some getting used to (to say the least) I like it now.

“There’s a snake in my boot!”

Good Grips makes a rubber shopping-bag-handle holder. Those ropey bag handles won’t slice into your hand after hours of power-shopping.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt. That’s my name too.
Wait, no it isn’t.

It’s called a P-38. It’s a tiny little can opener thing that you can attach to a key ring. It’s saved me a couple of times.

Colin Wilkinson: I love that sig line. I will have to quote that frequrently for the next couple of days.

I have a small Vitorinox Swiss Army knife that has just the bare essentials: A corkscrew, a (beer) bottle opener, and a knife blade. I’m prepared for any emergency, so long as it includes wine, beer, or cheese. What more could a sane man ask for?

–Baloo

It’s more important to understand than it is to agree.
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm