handy pitting du jour

From this thread:

Ah, so you waited fourteen and a half hours after the OP said the problem was resolved to append a “just google it” comment which was totally irrelevant to the question at hand. How helpful. Perhaps I should apply this technique to every single thread in GQ. I bet I could rack up a heck of a post count.

“Use a search engine.”
“I bet you could find that in Windows Help.”
“What kind of computer do you have? Maybe if it were a Dell it would work.”

18,000 here I come.

I usually don’t join in the handy bitchfests, but he does seem to be batting even worse than usual lately.

What do you think he does?

Ya know there are only 2 things more inane than pointess & useless posts:

  1. Multiple threads pitting a poster accusing him (justly or unjustly) of being an habituallty pointless poster and
  2. posting in such pit threads
    :smack:

FYI, Handy never comes into the pit. You think he would though, as it would pad his post count to the moon.

World Eater: handy has made 60 posts in the pit; however, that’s just an extremely small drop in a vast ocean.

No shit? Damn.

Hmmm, maybe he never posts in his own pittings?

Work with me here. :smiley:

I think handy stopped coming to the pit in February, which is when he last posted here. Something about this forum being too negatimve, IIRC.

So. . . you’re admitting you’re inane then?

:dubious:

I think the huor of the post spoke for itself. Glad to see you caught it.

I may as well be typing with my keyboard disconnected from the computer for all the good this will do, but like Scarlett67 I have also noticed that he’s been drifting back to his old ways.

Witness this solid gold post in my thread about red dots showing up during Adult Swim broadcasts:

:smack:

Unfortunately friedo beat me to the punch:

Still waiting for Handy to drop by and admit his error…

…

…

…

hope you’re not holding your breath.

My guess is that most of those were threads that were moved to the Pit after he posted to them.

Haj

I like to mentally rate handy’s posts on the 10 point Handy Scale. The ubiquitous “just Google it” only gets a 5 on the scale. The exceedingly rare post that is both on point and actually adds new information, gets a 1. Dooku’s example would probably rate about 7. (Hard to tell without actually reading the thread). Generally the more out of the blue and useless the comment, the higher the score. I even apply the scale to my own posts, when I feel myself drifting into handy territory. This post, for example, probably gets a 3 or 4. :smiley:

I bet there are more threads about handy, why don’t you search for them or maybe ask someone who knows where they are.

Very subtle, Mr2001.

I think there must be other threads about handy. You could probably find them if you searched for them. Or you could ask someone else.

I don’t think Handy ever comes to the pit. Why don’t you ask the mods to move this to GQ. It will probably work if you have a Dell.

handy’s last Pitting.

I keep hoping his style of drive-by will be deemed by the mods as “being a jerk” or at the very least he’ll be banished from legal threads the same way he was banished from medical ones.

8.3 on the Handy Scale.

:smiley: