Hapiness Is...

going to the store and having a sub made fresh, just the way I like it (fresh, soft sub bread, deli mustard, Boar’s Head salami and BBQ basted chicken, sharp cheddar cheese, lettuce, banana pepper, onion, jalapenos, oil, salt, pepper and vinegar) and then chowing down on it in the car and not caring who can see you.

Happiness is getting through an aerobics tape and feeling sweaty and tired, and like I accomplished something big.

Happiness is warm, purring cats curled up next to me every night.

Happiness is coming home from work Monday morning and knowing that I don’t have to be at work again until 7PM Friday night.

“Love given when it is inconvenient is the greatest love of all. Kindnesses that are shared at a high cost to oneself are the most dear.”

Don’t know who said it, but I like it.

Damn, Michelle, that is one WEIRD sandwich.

Uke

Happiness is…

having a little one run into your arms at the end of a hard day

chocolate whipped cream

cuddling up with someone you love

the satisfaction that you have done something really great for someone without them even knowing

fireplaces and warm red wine on a cold night

wow… there are so many

We are, each of us angels with only one wing;
and we can only fly by
embracing one another

Happiness is making someone laugh.

Happiness is keeping some slow asshole from cutting you off on the road.

Happiness is having steamy, hot, sex with a loved one.

Happiness is eating a really good meal (fajitas, catfish, Mongolian).

Happiness is discovering oral sex.

Happiness is trying a new resturant, and finding out it’s REALLY good.

Happiness is hanging with your friends, just enjoying the moment.

Happiness is having hot, steamy sex with a loved one.

Happiness is getting an unsoliceted compliment.

Happiness is giving an unsoliceted compliment.

Happiness is going on a vacation.

Happiness is drinking margaritas on the beach.

Happiness is cuddling (could he get any mushier?).

Happiness is sharing fond memories.

Did I mention hot, steamy sex with a loved one?

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Happiness is a warm gun: bang bang shoot shoot.

Happiness is that first sting of the hypodermic before the smack races into your veins.

J/K

Happiness is the smell of beaking bread

Happiness is the smell of a wood fire

Happiness is feeling a little tips on wine and being with a loved one

Happiness is making an incredible tasting meal for someone else

Happiness is realizing that overall other people’s opinions and actions don’t effect you as much as you thught they did.

Magnificent to behold - Greatly to be praised.

Happiness is accomplishing some feat you never thought you could.

Happiness is a peanut butter and blackberry jelly sandwich.

Happiness is glow-in-the-dark body paints and a willing man.

Happiness is rain puddle stomping in business attire.

Happiness is a sunset on the beach and my sweetie to enjoy it with.

Happiness is chocolate sauce and all the places one can put it.

and most of all happiness is coming home to the man who has made my world a beautiful place, having his arms around me and hearing him say I love you. sighs

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Happiness is being.

Happiness is gloating over having food when people in third world countries don’t.

J/K

Happiness is knowing that Satan’s SO is wanting to top him. (I can only think of South Park here)

Happiness is getting an unexpected call from a friend you haven’t seen in years and discover that you can start back up immediately from where you left off.

Happiness is the moment you realize you are in love.

Happiness is eating a hot stew and fresh baked bread in front of a fireplace on a cold winter’s day.

HUGS!
Sqrl

Move over Satan. :wink: Now there’s something meatier. http://smallwonder.simplenet.com/COC.html

How could I forget?

Happiness is seeing a sick animal made well again, and knowing that I helped it get well.

Happiness is a hot bath with vanilla hazelnut scented bubbles.

“Love given when it is inconvenient is the greatest love of all. Kindnesses that are shared at a high cost to oneself are the most dear.”

Don’t know who said it, but I like it.

I am STILL trying to get a sensory handle on that sandwich of Michelle’s…

Uke

Happiness is a warm, purring cat to sleep on your chest

Happiness is waking up cold in bed and then scootching over to your warm honey.

Happiness is fresh flan (yummers!)

Happiness is my new job that is extremely busy but satisfying!

Happiness is knowing you have a family that loves despite knowing all about you.

Happiness is a brand new book (or two, or three or…).

Happiness is coffee with my sister-in-law on a Sunday afternoon.

Happiness is going Christmas shopping with mom, sis, aunt, and sis-in-law.

::shrugs:: What can I say? I like food with a lot of flavor. Now stick to the topic and tell me something that makes you happy, dammit! :slight_smile:

Really? I’m trying to get a sensory handle on Michelle in a bath with vanilla hazelnut scented bubbles.

Actually, Uke, to me Michelle’s sandwich sounds great with the salami left off. (Hey, that sounds … uh … dirty.)

Happiness is avoiding Satan’s “You want to stick it WHERE?” thread like the plague.

Happiness will be when I finally get that job offer I’m waiting for. (I hope.)

Happiness is singing in a chorus to a packed house, and getting a standing ovation after the performance.

Happiness is a cold beer after an intense hike.

Happiness is having sex first thing in the morning.

Happiness is getting a good score on the MCATs.

Happiness is being surrounded by people who’ll catch you if you fall.

Happiness is having enough money to pay my lawyer’s retainer & win custody of my daughter.

Happiness is mango sorbet.

Happiness is the taste of semen & freesia-scented massage oil.

Happiness is knowing you did something the best it could possibly be done.

Happiness is making someone smile when they were depressed.

Happiness is the first sip of a tall cup of hot chocolate with marshmellows, when your ears are still stinging from the cold wind, and your snow-soaked clothes have been shed for a pair of flannel pants and a big sweatshirt.

Happiness is a fling that turns out to be a good friendship.

Happiness is meeting someone and thinking, “We’re going to be really good friends.”

Happiness is knowing that this is the time you’re going to look back on and miss, and enjoying it as much as possible.

Thanks for the thread, Michelle.

My own happiness is irrelevant. This does remind me of an interview with Boy George. When asked that same question, he simply answered, “a warm cock.” I don’t know, but I always found this funny - the wording of it, maybe…

Yer pal,
Satan

Happiness is seeing the expression on your wife’s face after you’ve satisfied her pregnant craving.

Happiness is getting the last issue you need to complete your comic book collection.

Happiness is blasting down an open interstate at 80 miles an hour or more.

Happiness is finding out that someone other than yourself will pay the bills for happinesses 1, 2 and 3.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

…finally having all the laundry done… finally having all the dishes done… finally having all the yardwork done… finally getting a moment to rest after doing a bunch of work around the house… hearing my boy say new words… hearing him laugh… seeing him “read”… entertaining the notion of having another baby… entertaining the notion of having a cool house… new shoes… new CDs… new books… a cold can of Coke… when my hair looks good without me even trying… you want I should stop?

“ChrisCTP-…the sweetheart of the SDMB…” --Diane
Chris’ Homepage: Domestic Bliss

Salami and…barbecued chicken…[gulp]…got it…brown mustard…(?)…well, okay…CHEDDAR cheese?..if she must…BANANA PEPPERS???

[imagination breakdown]

Uke